The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Immigration problem
Needs to be fixed/addressed
90.52%
Leave it alone, no problem
9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:37 PM

THE HAMMER OF THE GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the all Zep station on my XM Radio.

Originally Posted by MWG2
Boy am I confused!

I thought this thread was about Led Zepplin's Immigrant Song. That would be more fun to discuss!

Peace,

MWG2
Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Banned

its all those jerks who imposed on the natives of this country...it was all those white folks
Old 01-15-2008, 11:17 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by quest51210
its all those jerks who imposed on the natives of this country...it was all those white folks
I guess all the Spaniards have nothing to do with that either? Guess you may have forgotten who settled the west coast.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jx3
I guess all the Spaniards have nothing to do with that either? Guess you may have forgotten who settled the west coast.
exactly...they were europeans with white skin. whether they spoke spanish or english, they were white. get YOUR facts straight and keep your emotions out of it. when i said white europeans i did not designate from their country or language, but i guess i have to point out the obvious for you.

they ARE light colored europeans which Mexicans called peninsulares. the indigenous population of Mexico did not stand a fighting chance. they were fooled into overthrowing the Aztecs and like all white europeans they then turned on the indian population when they were no longer needed and began killing them and taking their property.

english europeans did the same to the "native americans" which came from the same cloth the indians in Mexico descended from.

next thing is you will tell me the civil war wasnt about slavery.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:13 PM

exactly...they were europeans with white skin. whether they spoke spanish or english, they were white. get YOUR facts straight and keep your emotions out of it. when i said white europeans i did not designate from their country or language, but i guess i have to point out the obvious for you.

they ARE light colored europeans which Mexicans called peninsulares. the indigenous population of Mexico did not stand a fighting chance. they were fooled into overthrowing the Aztecs and like all white europeans they then turned on the indian population when they were no longer needed and began killing them and taking their property.

english europeans did the same to the "native americans" which came from the same cloth the indians in Mexico descended from.

OWNED lol
Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned

thanks
Old 01-18-2008, 03:40 PM

Yep you got it. The civil war did not start entirely over slavery, it was prompted by trading and commercial interests. Yes slavery did and was included in the start of the war but it was not the issue that started the discourse that ended in the war. Check your facts, I may be wrong but my understanding of history was that the North also had slaves. Note yet that many of the Black, aka so called slaves, fought on the side of the south. Not saying any of this is right or wrong but my understanding of history tells me that slavery was not the sole reason the civil war started, not was it the primary reason.. No disrespect intended, just MHO..
Old 01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jwolfe99
Check your facts, I may be wrong but my understanding of history was that the North also had slaves.
Yeah...They were called Italians but we came a bit later and by choice. I think we built like half of NY City for about a nickle.

Edit: I guess I should add that I'm sorry to make light of our peoples past for all of the old school Italians that might get pissed. But hey.....It's the truth. If you can't make fun of your own people who can you make fun of right?
Old 01-18-2008, 05:33 PM
jx3

Yep you got it. The civil war did not start entirely over slavery, it was prompted by trading and commercial interests.

What?!!? Lincoln wasn't after that oil in Gulf of Mexico?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned

Yep you got it. The civil war did not start entirely over slavery, it was prompted by trading and commercial interests. Yes slavery did and was included in the start of the war but it was not the issue that started the discourse that ended in the war. Check your facts, I may be wrong but my understanding of history was that the North also had slaves. Note yet that many of the Black, aka so called slaves, fought on the side of the south. Not saying any of this is right or wrong but my understanding of history tells me that slavery was not the sole reason the civil war started, not was it the primary reason.. No disrespect intended, just MHO..
the north had aboloshed slavery and in some parts moved to voluntary manumission...which gave slaves the ability to be free after a certain number of years of service.

what you may be mistaken by is the beltline of states which were neutral in matters concerning the south/north and chose to remain slave states with northern support for abolishment. these were called the Border states, truely a hypocrite society. they just had too many ties with the north for those trade supplies to incite war against them, but also needed help from southern states.

when Texas seceded from the Union it stated a bunch of fallacies against the rights of white men, but the underlying issue which is presented in the document for sessision is the issue of slavery.

to say that the civil war was not over slavery is a lie. the South feared the idea that an abolitionist could one day take the white house. An abolitionist was more threatening than someone who believed in the Anti-Slavery movement. George Washington and Ben Franklin were Anti-Slavery...which means they spoke down on slavery, but kept their own.

See Abolistionists only made up 2% of the northern population...so imagine a radical minority group in this country with even the slightest chance at taking the white house. this country would be split and there truely would arise another crisis.

Southerners were already dismayed with the rhetoric of "freedom to slaves" from the anti-slavery movement, but they knew they did not believe in their own ideals. But if an abolitionist was able to get into office those "nightmares" could become a reality...this is why they feared Lincoln...although he played the Civil War off as a military issue he represented those abolitionist ambitions and people on the North and South feared the possibility for "blacks to be free".

Lincoln tried to keep the war diverted from the slavery issue, but thats like Bush denying the connection between Iraq and Oil prices...

Quick Reply: Immigration problem