The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Immigration problem
Needs to be fixed/addressed
90.52%
Leave it alone, no problem
9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Goose
CH..I'm Italian so I don't consider myself all that white?? wtf does that mean

Goose
I'll let you in on a secret. Most Italians don't consider ourselves white. Or at least the ones I know. We have our own slang and derogatory names for white people. Like for instance when you're referring to the mundane nature of white culture it is mayonase.....White and bland. Like Eddie Murphy said......we're the closest race to blacks. We don't have anything to do with all of the negative that is attached to white American culture and history like slavery. Our people were taken advantage of and made slaves in their own rights when we arrived here in America. We were treated negatively in same way Blacks, Jews, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, or whatever were treated. Even in this day and age people are still prejudice against Italians even after all we've done for the country and all the progress that we've made.

Last edited by captain howdy; 01-20-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tireman1554
Then call yourself an American Italian! Do you have an American flag flying above your Italian flag? I bet not. You can say what you want. AMERICANS kindness has been used against us. Its time for REAL AMERICANS to put a stop to it! If you dont feel the same way, then dont whine when WE are the minority.
Well.......I guess I call myself an Italian American because that's the generally accepted term. I don't fly either flag because I live in a nice community and that would seem tacky seeing as how nobody in the area flies a flag. Which we are we talking about? If you're talking about Italian then I don't whine that we're a minority because it's a well known fact. We live in like nine places in the US. Try finding an Italian in North Dakota. If you're talking about white Americans they'll never never ever be a minority in this country. If you're talking legal residents versus illegals there is also no possibility of legals becoming a minority. Only white America fears what this country was originally created for. In cutting off immigration you are completely ignoring and forgetting what this countries forefathers fought and died for.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Banned

BTW....My wife is white and my kids are half white.