The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Immigration problem
Needs to be fixed/addressed
90.52%
Leave it alone, no problem
9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 08:02 PM

I for one do not support Amnesty . This country has many legal immigrants who came over , suffered the toil, learned the language and became Legal Citizens. This would be a Slap-In-The-Face to those who have suffered thru eveything just to be a Citizen of the US. I welcome anyone who wants to better themselves or their families by coming to the US , after all this country is really just a bunch of immigrants from somewhere else, for the most part. Sorry did not mean to offend the Native Americans, just trying to make a point , which is If you really want to live in this country ,

1. Do it Legally
2. Learn to Speak the Language
Old 06-19-2007, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
Well I started out saying this thread wouldn`t change anything, and probably even less minds.
And I also warned about others reading your thoughts...
Old 06-19-2007, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
All I can say is "Please Remember".
Old 06-19-2007, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
All I can say is "Please Remember".
Please do, you can threaden that thread all you like. I won't comment here cause I don't want another wining PM from you....
Old 06-19-2007, 06:10 PM

Wtf???

Originally Posted by solman98
Please do, you can threaden that thread all you like. I won't comment here cause I don't want another wining PM from you....
What was that, can hardly understand what you`re writing?
Guy comes on a thread with a dancing banana, and gets offended, so much so that he looses the ability to spell.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Founding Member

....as requested by Black Beauty, please stay on topic.... including me by posting this... sheeshhhh!
Leave the personal attacks out of the discussion because the train is starting to roll downhill folks!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 PM

Maybe I do not understand...... Back in the 80's The government approached this issue by granting amnesty to all illegals in the country, this was to be a one time deal! In the 90's The same thing happened. Now basically this would grant amnesty for the third time on a one time basis. Did the Government forget how to count? Oh they are all older now and have that oldtimers.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:05 PM

The first time amnesty didn`t work because there was no way to track the people who just came or the people who were granted the amnesty.
Employers love cheap labor, so they certainly weren`t gonna call the INS and shut themselves down.
So here we are 2007, almost a nation overrun with illegal immigrants, who by the way , have family and friends who look out for them, who are essentially creating a safe haven for a criminal, which is a crime.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:26 AM

i believe the southpark time traveler episode said it all...

tookyerjob
Old 06-20-2007, 04:41 AM

a little off topic but

Originally Posted by tireman1554
I Am Your Worst Nightmare. I am a BAD American.
actually not george carlin tho, www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/carlin.asp

been in my sig for years

heres the full version

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.

I'm not in touch with my feelings and I like it that way, damn it!

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang.

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer.

I believe it's called the Boy Scouts for a reason.

I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, you'd better do it in English.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass through 4-7 years of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God or gods, just leave the rest of us out of it. This also applies to sexuality.

My heroes are John Wayne, the Simpsons, and whoever canceled Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.

I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when I am freezing my ass through a long winter?

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years in the desert after getting chased out of Egypt, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you, so shut-the-#$%!-up already.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson preaches. And where does he get his money. And why is he always part of the problem and not the solution.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them. I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you are breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.

I hate those bastards standing in the intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into making 'donations' to their cause. These people should be targets.

I think if you are in the passing lane, and not passing, your license should be revoked, and you should be forced to ride the bus until you promise to never delay the rest of us again.

I think beef jerky could quite possibly be the perfect food.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement.

I think Dr. Seuss was a genius.

I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

I believe if she has her lips on your willie, it is sex, and it is sex for both of you. This even applies when you are President of the United States.

I believe that Hillary Clinton is inherently evil and if I want to call her a power hungry, gun-grabbing lesbian; it is my right to do so.

If that makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American.

Quick Reply: Immigration problem