The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Interesting article

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:47 AM

Interesting article

This was posted on another site. Not wanting to start a huge debate although I'm sure it may happen. And I'm NOT racist. Just thought it was a decent read....

THIS IS LONG BUT WORTH READING ..

What if 20 Million Illegal Aliens Vacated America?

Tina Griego, journalist for the Denver Rocky Mountain News wrote a column titled, 'Mexican Visitor's Lament' -- 10/25/07.

She interviewed Mexican journalist Evangelina Hernandez while visiting Denver last week. Hernandez said, 'They (illegal aliens) pay rent, buy groceries, buy clothes...What Happens to your country's economy if 20 million people go away?' That's a good question - it deserves an answer. Over 80 percent of Americans demand secured borders and illegal migration stopped. But what would happen if all 20 million or more vacated America? The answers may surprise you!

In California, if 3.5 million illegal aliens moved back to Mexico, it would leave an extra $10.2 billion to spend on overloaded school systems, bankrupt hospitals and overrun prisons. It would leave highways cleaner, safer and less congested. Everyone could understand one another as English became the dominant language again.

In Colorado, 500,000 illegal migrants, plus their 300,000 kids and grand-kids - would move back 'home', mostly to Mexico. That would save Coloradans an estimated $2 billion (other experts say $7 billion) annually in taxes that pay for schooling, medical, social-services and incarceration costs. It means 12,000 gang members would vanish out of Denver alone. Colorado would save more than $20 million in prison costs, and the terror that those 7,300 alien criminals set upon local citizens. Denver Officer Don Young and hundreds of Colorado victims would not have suffered death, accidents, rapes and other crimes by illegals.

Denver Public Schools would not suffer a 67 percent drop-out/flunk - out rate because of thousands of illegal alien
students speaking 41 different languages. At least 200,000 vehicles would vanish from our gridlocked cities in Colorado.

Denver's four percent unemployment rate would vanish as our working poor would gain jobs at a living wage.

In Florida, 1.5 million illegals would return the Sunshine State back to America, the rule of law, and English.

In Chicago, Illinois, 2.1 million illegals would free up hospitals, schools, prisons and highways for a safer, cleaner and more crime-free experience.

If 20 million illegal aliens returned 'home', the U.S. Economy would return to the rule of law. Employers would hire legal American citizens at a living wage. Everyone would pay their fair share of taxes because they wouldn't be working off the books. That would result in an additional $401 Billion in IRS income taxes collected annually, and an equal amount for local, state and city coffers.

No more push '1' for Spanish or '2' for English. No more confusion on American schools that now must contend with over 100 languages that degrade the educational system for American kids. Our overcrowded schools would lose more than two million illegal alien kids at a cost of billions in ESL and free breakfasts and lunches.

We would lose 500,000 illegal criminal alien inmates at a cost of more than $1.6 billion annually. That includes 15,000 MS-13 gang members who distribute $130 billion in drugs annually would vacate our country.

In cities like L.A., 20,000 members of the '18th Street Gang' would vanish from our nation. No more Mexican forgery gangs for ID theft from Americans! No more foreign rapists and child molesters!

Losing more than 20 million people would clear up our crowded highways and gridlock. Cleaner air and less drinking and driving American deaths by illegal aliens!

America's economy is drained. Taxpayers are harmed. Employers get rich. Over $80 billion annually wouldn't return to the aliens' home countries by cash transfers. Illegal migrants earned half that money untaxed, which further drains America's economy - which currently suffers an $8.7 trillion debt.

At least 400,000 anchor babies would not be born in our country, costing us $109 billion per year per cycle. At least 86 hospitals in California, Georgia and Florida would still be operating instead of being bankrupt out of existence because illegals pay nothing via the EMTOLA Act.

Americans wouldn't suffer thousands of TB and hepatitis cases rampant in our country-brought in by illegals unscreened at our borders.

Our cities would see 20 million less people driving, polluting and grid locking our cities. It would also put the 'progressives' on the horns of a dilemma; illegal aliens and their families cause 11 percent of our greenhouse gases.

Over one million of Mexico's poorest citizens now live inside and along our border from Brownsville, Texas to San Diego, California in what the New York Times called, 'colonias' or new neighborhoods. Trouble is, those living areas resemble Bombay and Calcutta where grinding poverty, filth, diseases, drugs, crimes, any sanitation and worse. They live without sewage, clean water, streets, electricity, roads or any kind of sanitation. The New York Times reported them to be America's new 'Third World' inside our own country. Within 20 years, at their current growth rate, they expect 20 million residents of those colonias. (I've seen them personally in Texas and Arizona; it's sickening beyond anything you can imagine.) By enforcing our laws, we could repatriate them back to Mexico.

We should invite 20 million aliens to go home, fix their own countries and/or make a better life in Mexico. We already invite a million people into our country legally more than all other countries combined annually. We cannot and must not allow anarchy at our borders, more anarchy within our borders and growing lawlessness at every level in our nation. It's time to stand up for our country, our culture, our civilization and our way of life.

Interesting Statistics. Here are 14 reasons illegal aliens should vacate America, and I hope they are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them:

1. $11 billion to $22 billion dollars are spent each year on welfare to illegal aliens.
http://...com/zob77

2. $2.2 billion dollars are spent each year on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal.
http://www.cis...org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 billion dollars are spent each year on Medicaid for illegals.
http://www.cis...org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 billion dollars are spent each year on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html

5. $17 billion dollars are spent each year for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

6. $3 Million Dollars PER DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

7. 30% percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 billion dollars are spent each year on illegal aliens for welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 billion dollars per year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year 2005, there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our southern border with as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from terrorist countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine, and marijuana crossed into the U.S. from the southern border.
http://...com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, estimates the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion, or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.
http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.o...?b=deportation

13. In 2006, illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. The dark side of illegal immigration: Nearly one million sex crimes are committed by illegal immigrants in the United States!'
http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION
DOLLARS A YEAR!!!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned

Propaganda. For every reason and figure that someone makes up as to why immigration should be halted and the borders locked down someone else could present an equal number of counterpoints. It's kind of a pointless discussion because:

A. Illegals aren't going away.

B. The government will never go against this countries forefather’s decision to make this the land of the free with equal chance and opportunity for everyone. Our society is getting closer to that dream but it is people's stubbornness, hatred, and fear that hold us back.

I will agree that some reform should come about and we should all adapt the common language of English rather than adding additional languages. Even when you look at societies where multiple languages are spoken by different regions and so forth there is usually a common language that everyone can use to communicate.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:34 AM

I would rather give each immigrant an M-16 and tell them they are welcome in the US if they go and serve a term in Iraq. I think a rmy of 20 million would end that crisi quickly.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:06 PM

Illegals need to be deported.

There is a legal way to come here... do it.

Captain Howdy your post made laugh... hopefully it was meant to do that.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member

I really like the article because the points that are made, "play" on peoples emotions. And while some of the points could be true (especially because of articles in my local paper, making some of the same comments) the links provided for confirmation and support do NOT work. ........"page not found", blank screen, no such link, etc. The one that does work, near the bottom, displays a web posting by and individual (of dubious character) who uses some of the same links as confirmation for his assertions.....and they DO NOT WORK either.

So the origination and authenticity of the article is questionable.

Kind of reminds me of the e-mails passed around that say, "This is not a joke, as proved by Snopes.com/art/html " and when you click the link it is something completely different , if it exists at all.

Of course something might be wrong with my web connection and it will not provide the web link.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:26 PM

Illegal aliens will not go away because the rich, who run this country, are getting richer off them. This should stop simply because it's exploitation.

There was a major crackdown on illegals working in construction in this area. They targeted the construction company owners. Most illegals have disappeared. Sounds like they moved to Colorado!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I really like the article because the points that are made, "play" on peoples emotions. And while some of the points could be true (especially because of articles in my local paper, making some of the same comments) the links provided for confirmation and support do NOT work. ........"page not found", blank screen, no such link, etc. The one that does work, near the bottom, displays a web posting by and individual (of dubious character) who uses some of the same links as confirmation for his assertions.....and they DO NOT WORK either.

Kind of reminds me of the e-mails passed around that say, "This is not a joke, as proved by Snopes.com/art/html " and when you click the link it is something completely different , if it exists at all.

Of course something might be wrong with my web connection and it will not provide the web link.
I thought the exact same thing myself.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hunter

I agree that is a right way that should be followed but there is no possible way to stop illegal immigration whether it is from Mexico or elsewhere. My great grandparents followed the legal route when they came to the US from Italy. Pardon me if I'm wrong but don't you already have to be living in the US to become a citizen? I don't know if the average immigrant can become a US citizen in their own country. I understand that the person can come into the country through proper legal channels but that's kind of hard to do in third world or war torn nation. Especially if you’re poor, lack resources, and your government is an authoritarian dictatorship. What part made you laugh and I'll break it down less funny for you.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

Here we go again...where is Tireman so i can set him straight
Originally Posted by diskullman
I would rather give each immigrant an M-16 and tell them they are welcome in the US if they go and serve a term in Iraq. I think a rmy of 20 million would end that crisi quickly.
The first and subsequently many of the deaths since the beginning of thwe war have been Mexican Nationals in the "War aginst Terror". the First soldier which was USMC was a Mexican national who was posthomuously given his citizenship. get your facts straight...a Mexican died in IRAQ for the US first. what a change in times isn't it?

Originally Posted by hunter

what? load a bunch on a boat and land on ellis island...get a 20 second processing and they are allowed into squaller? system doesnt exist and people critisize, but "Americans" allow their children to party in Mexico for spring break and demean the people more so than they do when they are here.

"Americans" live in states and cities named in Spanish...like Coloroad, California, New MExico, San Antonio, Los Angeles....People here want one language? How much would it cost to change the name to Los Angeles????

Originally Posted by Snoopy

I wrote a 26 page paper on this subject...alot was field work, but i wonder if i found the benefits of the illegal worksystem and posted them online what the reaction would be. need to go diggin

The last site i was on in which i posted the links i was banned...guess it was too close for comfort.

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
Illegal aliens will not go away because the rich, who run this country, are getting richer off them. This should stop simply because it's exploitation.

There was a major crackdown on illegals working in construction in this area. They targeted the construction company owners. Most illegals have disappeared. Sounds like they moved to Colorado!
So according to the article 500K live in Colorado and they own 200K cars? doesnt sound right...maybe 100-150K. Exageration....real "Americans" like that.

i am not picking on you BTW.

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I agree that is a right way that should be followed but there is no possible way to stop illegal immigration whether it is from Mexico or elsewhere. My great grandparents followed the legal route when they came to the US from Italy. Pardon me if I'm wrong but don't you already have to be living in the US to become a citizen? I don't know if the average immigrant can become a US citizen in their own country. I understand that the person can come into the country through proper legal channels but that's kind of hard to do in third world or war torn nation. Especially if you’re poor, lack resources, and your government is an authoritarian dictatorship. What part made you laugh and I'll break it down less funny for you.
Mexicans are defectors as well...
the similarities of Italians/Mexicans is very close. we both share languages which were direct descendents of the Latin language, same continent, same religous beliefs...its amazing. i have alot of Italian friends here in town because of that likeness.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION
DOLLARS A YEAR!!!
prove it

Quick Reply: Interesting article