The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Interesting article

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:16 PM

Self deportation is the answer.

You make it impossible for illegals to function here.

Real ID act will help.
To be employed you must have a VALID MATCHING SS NUMBER.
To have a bank acct. you must have a VALID MATCHING SS NUMBER or permanent resident papers.
Any one caught hiring illegals and paying them under the table will be fined daily and it should be some insane amount like 10,000 a day per illegal.

They would leave overnight.

The article has a lot of truth to it in terms of the amount of money illegals cost. If Mexico were to give us a barrel of oil a day per illegal it still wouldn't cover the cost of them.

They need to go home and take back Mexico from the government there. There is no reason that country should be considered a third world country.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:20 PM

Every single down trodden person in a third world country would like to come to the USA and live here. Whether their motivation is to come here and work for a living to raise themselves up or whether they would like to come here and cash in on medical care and other perks from the tax payer funded federal and state treasuries is beside the point. There are those who aspire to come here for both reasons, and a third just to escape the situation in their country. The bottom line is that if we as a nation allow them to flood in as we are, we as a nation will lose the standard of living we have now. We simply cannot afford to continue to import poor unskilled foreigners with poor public health and unverifiable identities. One facet of illegal immigration no one mentions much is that the illegals are bringing with them diseases that we have eradicated or reduced to miniscule number of cases long ago in the USA through our excellent public health and vaccination programs. It is one reason we are seeing a resurgence of tuberculosis cases.

We are a compassionate nation, maybe too compassionate for our own good in certain areas. Yes, we must have compassion but like an emergency room staff dealing with an influx of sick and wounded we must also practice triage-- we cannot accept everyone, we must turn many away to prevent being overwhelmed.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by quest51210
prove it
I didn't write the article. But I do have a few dyno charts I could show ya!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:31 PM

What if 20 Million Illegal Aliens Vacated America?

I don't have any idea, but let's give it a try!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:08 AM
Banned

Well, I bet the "real" Native Americans would have been real happy to see the conquistadors and colonists leave after bringing death and pestilence to their land from Europe...

That article is racist and highly inaccurate. Most of those "100 languages" covered in ESL programs are not Spanish. English is a relatively easy language to learn if you can speak Spanish compared to Hindi and Vietnamese. In addition, the BILLIONS added to the economy from illegals spending money here probably outweighs any money spend on them by the entitlement welfare programs the government sets them up on.

A word about crime. I'm a public defender. Most of my clients are, in fact, poor white trash hillbillyz. I have had two Hispanic clients in the last year, and only one was illegal. That's out of nearly 400 clients. The Hispanic people we have around here are mostly legal and work very hard at jobs that most of my white clients would never consider.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI
I didn't write the article. But I do have a few dyno charts I could show ya!
true dat

Originally Posted by Alzonie

I don't have any idea, but let's give it a try!
last year they reported 12 million...now its 20+ Dont believe the hype

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Well, I bet the "real" Native Americans would have been real happy to see the conquistadors and colonists leave after bringing death and pestilence to their land from Europe...

That article is racist and highly inaccurate. Most of those "100 languages" covered in ESL programs are not Spanish. English is a relatively easy language to learn if you can speak Spanish compared to Hindi and Vietnamese. In addition, the BILLIONS added to the economy from illegals spending money here probably outweighs any money spend on them by the entitlement welfare programs the government sets them up on.

A word about crime. I'm a public defender. Most of my clients are, in fact, poor white trash hillbillyz. I have had two Hispanic clients in the last year, and only one was illegal. That's out of nearly 400 clients. The Hispanic people we have around here are mostly legal and work very hard at jobs that most of my white clients would never consider.
i work for a city council person in san antonio. we have the greatest amount of spanish speakers and latinos in our district. our DA explains the very same thing you do just from a prosecutors perspective. funny how things are blidsided and the sheep follow the flock.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:59 PM

I have one thing to say:
Pink Cheese - Green Ghost.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by en0oNmAI

That's a good start.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:31 PM

We're not talking about the past, we're talking about the present day U.S.A.

the BILLIONS added to the economy from illegals spending money here
Added? Broke people BRING money to our country? Explain...
Old 01-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Alzonie
Originally Posted by solman98
That's a good start.

That's basically the re-telling of the classic joke:

What do you call (insert race or hated group) at the bottom of the ocean?
See solmans answer.

I've heard that joke a million times. The most common tellings I've heard has the N word or lawyers inserted. It's never funny. I just stare at the person in a dumbfounded manner.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 01-24-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: removed comment

Quick Reply: Interesting article