The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Interesting article

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 AM

Gee! Looks like another Thread of confusion. Now we have the Doctors, Lawyers, and the other Civil Servants piping in, as well as others.
All we need now is the Baker, and the Indian Chief.
I keep reading I am not a racist from the start of this thread, but aren't we all in a manner of speaking.
If not, we would not continue to use that word.
No one asked what is your Profession, or what do you do, but alot have stated the same.

Both of my Mothers parents came over to Ellis Island, one from Germany, the other from England.
My father side came from Germany to Ellis Island, and the other can be traced back to the Mayflower.

We can express ourselves without degrading our fellow Americans.
And Yes all illegal Aliens should be deported, that way maybe, just maybe my tax dollars will help those who need the help legally.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by karen1953
I keep reading I am not a racist from the start of this thread, but aren't we all in a manner of speaking.
If not, we would not continue to use that word.
Acutally depends on who you are. I work in a Dr's office with several "illegals" that are working hard to get their citizenship but still working here without a Visa or any other paperwork. Don't ask. I harbor no ill will towards the girls here at all. Some of the people I hang out with have parents that came here illegally and used the system to have an "anchor baby" which turns out to BE the friends I have. I use that word just in a defensive nature. Simply because I don't want someone thinking I put that here because I think we should "lynch 'em all"
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Banned

We would be better off ending foreign aid than combating illegal immigration. If we did that you would see your tax dollars go to good use. Economic aid to foreign countries hurts us way more than any tax or budget strain you can blame on illegal immigration.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
We would be better off ending foreign aid than combating illegal immigration. If we did that you would see your tax dollars go to good use. Economic aid to foreign countries hurts us way more than any tax or budget strain you can blame on illegal immigration.
This thread is about illegial immigration, i'll stick to the topic.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
This thread is about illegial immigration, i'll stick to the topic.

Correct! That is what my post was about, that e-mail. This isn't about taxes, or helping anyone, or even racism. I belive like so many have stated that if you want all the privilages of the American country then become American. Doesn't mean you have to give up your heritage, be proud of it, but love the country you chose to go to, not the one you just left.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:13 PM

End of discussion.