The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Interesting Invite

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 12:11 PM

Thumbs up Interesting Invite

I recieved a call a few weeks ago from a marketing company regarding the purchase of our company HHR. After a brief survey on the phone I was asked to attend a focus group about a new vehicle that is coming to market. About a week later I was contacted again and asked some additional questions. at that time the caller tells me that the group will be seeing a new "Top Secret" vehicle that the manufacturer would like our opinion of. Also I will be paid $200 for attending, which works for me! So I am scheduled to see it tomorrow morning. To top things off they emailed me yesterday and asked if at all possible could I drive the HHR to the meeting. No problem, I was planning on that anyway. So I am going to get her all shined up and ready for her show tomorrow. I can't wait! I'm guessing they want to have the HHR there to compare. Good luck with that.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM

Cool, I wonder if this could be a focus group for the Chevy Orlando that has been shown a few times by GM.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:29 PM

That sounds interesting. I'll be curious to hear the outcome.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:31 PM

sounds awesome.

unfortunately we will most likely not be able to hear the outcome because i am going to guess you will have to sign an agreement to keep it hush hush.

blow their socks off
Old 01-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Sounds like BS to me. Yeah, you get this free gift worth $$$ and when you get there you get the hard sell for some time-share or some such crap.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:48 PM

I hope it's the real thing if so that would be cool, but it does sound like some kind of timeshare crap.. Good Luck!! and you better share some info with us
Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 PM

haha, have fun with that sir. hopefully its not a gimmic to get you in to listen to something stupid for a few hours that you could care less about.. they have those all the time down here that we get stuf in the mail. and if you go , u can get paid a check, airline miles, new golf clubs.. your choice.. Good luck sir!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 PM

even if it is for a time share. i can ignore someone pretty good for $200.

heck bring an pod and if you have to sit through it just listen to some music. During most of those you know you're just there to get money and they know that too.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Nothing can top your panel beauty, Tim!

Cool!
Should we meet at AJ's for a late lunch to hear about it!?

@
Old 01-09-2009, 01:31 PM

Actually, focus groups are fairly common out here. I have done many over the years. I checked out the research company and they are legit. You walk in sign your name and they hand you an envelope with cash in it. Usually you sit in a mirror lined room and they present you with their product or products, then they drill you about your opinion.

Angie:
After the group I have to run up to West Covina and pick up the car I bought for my daughter last night. After 4+ months of searching I found a great deal on a nice 75 Nova. It even has Cragar SS wheels! So, no time for A&J's tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Interesting Invite