The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Interesting Invite

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
Sounds like BS to me. Yeah, you get this free gift worth $$$ and when you get there you get the hard sell for some time-share or some such crap.
Actually I did one a few years back, they had several vehicles and you had to sit in each one with a laptop and answer questions about seating, IP placement, steering wheel etc on the laptop. I got paid for doing that one as well. It's probably legit.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Actually, focus groups are fairly common out here. I have done many over the years. I checked out the research company and they are legit. You walk in sign your name and they hand you an envelope with cash in it. Usually you sit in a mirror lined room and they present you with their product or products, then they drill you about your opinion.

Angie:
After the group I have to run up to West Covina and pick up the car I bought for my daughter last night. After 4+ months of searching I found a great deal on a nice 75 Nova. It even has Cragar SS wheels! So, no time for A&J's tomorrow.
I've done lots of focus groups too and get calls almost every week for something! heck I got $100 just for showing up once (a dog food study and they didn't need Max's opinion after all, but got paid for anyhow!)

Was only kidding there, Tim!
That sounds like more fun and are you sure that car isn't for you to play with?!

@
Old 01-09-2009, 02:43 PM

I go to focus groups at lease two times a month. They pay very well and most times in cash. A friend of my wife & I works for a marketing company and she has them call or email us if we fit the gender & age group that they are looking for. I tested food, talked to car salesmen, be fitted for a suit. It not a bad deal and like I said pays good always $10.00 or more a hr.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:47 PM

And of coarse you tell the IRS abot these cash payments
Old 01-09-2009, 02:48 PM

hmm interesting. i wish we had that around here. prolly do just never got asked to do it.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:03 PM

....... After 4+ months of searching I found a great deal on a nice 75 Nova. It even has Cragar SS wheels! ...
Definately want to see pics of the Nova At first I said it definately brings back memories of High School..auto shop.....but after looking at pictures on the web it definately reminds me of High school + Lowriders cruising up and down the BLVD in National City LOL..still good memories

Last edited by GRUMPEE; 01-09-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: looked up pictures of the 1975
Old 01-09-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Definately want to see pics of the Nova At first I said it definately brings back memories of High School..auto shop.....but after looking at pictures on the web it definately reminds me of High school + Lowriders cruising up and down the BLVD in National City LOL..still good memories
Daryl this Nova is straight out of the 70's, Cragars, Air shocks with a nice rake and a loud muffler. It is high school Class of '75 I will post pics tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Uma

Daryl this Nova is straight out of the 70's, Cragars, Air shocks with a nice rake and a loud muffler. It is high school Class of '75 I will post pics tomorrow.
You better post pics of that Nova!! Todd (Uma)
Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 AM

o boy! sounds like you socal people are having all the fun!
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 PM

Ok, here is how it went. I show up and there are 4 of us in the group. Interestingly enough 1 Element 1 PT Cruiser 1 Scion and me with the HHR. We fill out a q&a about the vehicles our company's use and how much we use them. Them we sit down for an hour and a half and discuss the various needs of each others businesses and the thought process that goes into deciding what to purchase. All of this video taped by the way. Then they showed us about 5-6 different pictures of cargo type vehicles including an HHR panel and a Scion. Well the Scion guy has a problem with HHRs going in saying he knows people that have one and they aren't very "tough". Screw him, I was biased anyway so what the heck. After a 10 min break we go into another room and there are 2 of the ugliest things I have seen in a long time. Imagine a Toyota Echo mated with a Sprinter cargo van. They asked for my initial reaction and I said Uck! The closer we look we see they aren't even real vehicles, they are fiberglass mock ups. One is just an exterior and doesn't open up. The second is all opened up and the exterior is a solid mass of fiberglass including the tires. So we check out the interior and the cargo area's features. So after 30 min or so of looking we went back and discussed them and what we liked and didn't like. I was honest and said they were practical for work but pretty ugly. I suggested they at least color match the bumpers since it had the gray plastic crap like an Element. On the way out they pull me aside and ask to take a few pics of the HHR. After that he asked if they could come to my work next week and video some of our vehicles and how we use them, oh and I get another $200. Well I am up for it but I need to check with my boss. I think it will be a go.

It appears that these are Toyota vehicles, the emblems were taped over but you could tell. I think they are doing their homework before putting this thing out there. Imagine that a car company that asks customers what they want in a vehicle! Still the ugliest thing I've seen in a long time. Not something I would want to drive, even for work.

Quick Reply: Interesting Invite