The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

John Force crash

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 AM

Who would have thought a few foam blocks could do so much damage. I guess at 300 mph they can though.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM

After reading the updates on his website and on the nhra website his injuries are no where near as serious as first thought, although serious enough. I have known John since he first began driving funny cars in the 1970's and he is a pretty tough guy. This may end his driving carreer but somehow I doubt it knowing him. His car is in the countdown I wonder who he will put in it? Maybe Ashley?
Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 PM

John Force is already standing and asking the doctors what it will take for him to be back in the car in two weeks at Richmond. Here is a link to the story. http://www.nhra.com/counter.htm
I really didn't think this would stop him for long, he will probably be out for the next race or two but I doubt much longer than that.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM

hhr/49suburban...Who would have thought a few foam blocks could do so much damage. I guess at 300 mph they can though.

So was there more information on the accident that mentioned what I thought I noticed in the video clip? If so where did you find this? I'm glad to hear John is up and doing well, I too have been a huge fan since he started. I've had several opportunities to watch him in person and talk to him in the pits. He is very passionate and I wouldn't put it past him to continue for a few more years.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:20 PM

rcsart
I am only speculating on what the replays seem to show. I don't think an actual report has been released yet.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:18 PM

Yeah, the video gives the appearance that Bernstein's car hit the block and sent it into Force's car, which then crashed.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 AM

The official report from John Force racing is that after reviewing video from all angles that the block that Kenny Bernstein's car hit went behind John's car and had absolutely nothing to do with his car coming apart. They do not know yet why the car came apart but you can bet they will know before they quit searching for the answers. There are video interviews with John on johnforce.com
Old 09-26-2007, 10:22 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by hhr/49suburban
Who would have thought a few foam blocks could do so much damage. I guess at 300 mph they can though.
Guess you don't remember the shuttle Columbia!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by cpendlay
The official report from John Force racing is that after reviewing video from all angles that the block that Kenny Bernstein's car hit went behind John's car and had absolutely nothing to do with his car coming apart. They do not know yet why the car came apart but you can bet they will know before they quit searching for the answers. There are video interviews with John on johnforce.com
Actually surprised to hear that. It sure looked like that had everything to do with why the car came apart. Not trying to blame Kenny Bernstein, as he is one of the best drivers in NHRA history, but the timing looked like it had to be the cause. I'll bet Kenny is very relieved to hear that report. I guess the question now is what did cause the car to come apart.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:54 AM

Sure looked to me like the block may have ripped some fibreglass loose which in turn caught in the chutes as they came out and caused the back of the car to break (as its designed to do). It will be interesting to hear what caused it.

Quick Reply: John Force crash