The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Fourth of July Fireworks...
Yes, Should be available to all, legally
58.33%
No, too dangerous, leave to the PROs
41.67%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

July 4th fireworks

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:02 PM

July 4th fireworks

Should fireworks be available to the general public, or are they best left to the pros?
Fireworks are illegal in Chi-Town, and possibly in IL., but we have billboards along the freeway advertising places to purchase them (across the state line) in Indiana, which by the way, sells them with conditions.
And if caught coming back into IL., your ride is subject to confiscation.
It seems strange for a municipality to allow ads for an illegal product, but I guess a buck is being made.
But the question is , should regular people have access to them, or are they too dangerous and best left to the Professionals?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:11 PM

We can buy them in Target here in NH...now in the People's Republic just to the south they will take a finger if they catch you with an evil sparkler...

I keeeed but and actually I haven't bought fireworks since I was a kid in MA...seemed more fun knowing you were buying something you weren't allowed to. That's about as wild as it got for me lol

Goose
Old 06-27-2007, 08:17 PM

It really pisses me off when we are attending a Fireworks show and you have tons of people around and then you have the idiots lighting of their personal fireworks with no concern for the others around them
Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 PM

Fireworks that explode or leave the ground are illegal to use in Colorado which is fine by me. No need to risk injury to yourself or others or have them start a fire. Its been hotter than H E double LL here and they could definitely set off a wildfire. Leave them to the pros in my opinion.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 PM

I thought I saw fireworks stores everywhere in CO?? You know the more I think about it that was right over the border in Wyoming...

I agree with Dayton about people setting them off around other people....as a kid I loved them but the older I get the more of a grinch I become and forget how much fun things were when I was that age...heck that goes for everything I guess not just firecrackers

Goose
Old 06-27-2007, 09:04 PM

Here in Alabama they are legal to buy depending on the municipality.Some towns have restrictions on sales inside city limits.Other than that you can buy whatever you want including rockets,repeating aerials,and reloadable mortars.I am glad that I live in a state where they still allow adults to be kids. However, this year their use is being restricted because of the drought.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
It really pisses me off when we are attending a Fireworks show and you have tons of people around and then you have the idiots lighting of their personal fireworks with no concern for the others around them
Big D
all I can say is ONLY IN AMERICA will they do That.
Any way I say NO! for Da Poll.

Z
Old 06-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Banned

Laws don't keep fireworks out of states come 4th of July. Everyone should have access to them IMO. How else can you have Roman Candle wars!?!?!?!?!? I should be allowed to be a moron and blow myself up if I want. Even though fireworks are illegal here in NY I've been playing with them since I was a kid.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Here in Alabama they are legal to buy depending on the municipality.Some towns have restrictions on sales inside city limits.Other than that you can buy whatever you want including rockets,repeating aerials,and reloadable mortars.I am glad that I live in a state where they still allow adults to be kids. However, this year their use is being restricted because of the drought.
Hey HB..what is that place on 10 I think? Big red warehouse that I swear looks like it has more artillery in it than the US Army has It is either on the MS or FL border

Goose
Old 06-27-2007, 09:17 PM

Indiana took off all restrictions on fireworks last year. They formerly made you sign an agreement to not use the "illegal" fireworks in the state. You do not have to do that anymore. You could buy the "illegals" just not use them. If you can buy it in indiana you can now use it in indiana. BTW one of our new laws that start july 1st is that one can no longer have sexual relations with animals. I never thought we would need a law for that. GROSS!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: July 4th fireworks