The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Fourth of July Fireworks...
Yes, Should be available to all, legally
58.33%
No, too dangerous, leave to the PROs
41.67%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

July 4th fireworks

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 PM

Most people who shoot the fireworks, do not care if you are in a dry area, nor what damage they do to other peoples property, nor even pick up after themselves the next day.
I had to pay $4000.00 dollars to fix my roof because of my across the street neighbor, same neighbor who shoot about 200-300 all types of fireworks and never asks if they can clan up my yard.
They sit in front of their house and state they can not controll the wind. Funny my house always gets 90% of the trash and all of the damage. This year I will be calling the Sheriffs at the first one in my yard, on the HHR, on the roof, or in my back yard. That should be the first one that they shoot off.
Responsability comes with the use, lack of cause others.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Hey HB..what is that place on 10 I think? Big red warehouse that I swear looks like it has more artillery in it than the US Army has It is either on the MS or FL border

Goose
I think it's one of many "J.D.s Fireworks" in this area.There are several chain stores on the state lines here in the south.I go to a independent store near here called Merrit's that is open year-round to buy mine.They always have the best prices around.The border stores are usually higher for theirs.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by karen1953
Most people who shoot the fireworks, do not care if you are in a dry area, nor what damage they do to other peoples property, nor even pick up after themselves the next day.
I had to pay $4000.00 dollars to fix my roof because of my across the street neighbor, same neighbor who shoot about 200-300 all types of fireworks and never asks if they can clan up my yard.
They sit in front of their house and state they can not controll the wind. Funny my house always gets 90% of the trash and all of the damage. This year I will be calling the Sheriffs at the first one in my yard, on the HHR, on the roof, or in my back yard. That should be the first one that they shoot off.
Responsability comes with the use, lack of cause others.

Fight back! Go get yourself some of those Roman Candles that have the Cherry Bomb/M80 report and lob a couple of those across the street...I'm sure you will get their attention STAT They'll be hitting the deck like it was D-Day

Goose
Old 06-27-2007, 09:50 PM

Goose...there are some things that are legal here...just not things like pop bottle rockets and stuff that goes in the air and/or explodes. You have to drive to Wyoming to get that stuff...and if you get caught setting them off here you can be ticketed.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 PM

I also think of the poor dogs, cats, and pet birds, that are scared out of their minds. More dogs and cats are killed, mamed, and injured during a time of which fireworks are involved. The dogs jump the fences, and run out in to the streets and no more family pet,, cause they would rather shoot off fireworks, instead of watching the fireworks on TV with their beloved pets.
And the children, I can not tell you how many Children are brought to ER with firework injurys, and some end up with a lost of eyes, lost of fingers, and yes arms and legs. It is a parents responsability to keep each child safe and not to harm and teach how to break the LAW!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Fireworks are legal here, and we usually spend around $200 and put on a nice show. It's like anything else that is dangerous, you have to use common sense and you'll be fine. We have a large open area to shoot fireworks, and nothing can go far enough to be off the property, and the next house is fairly far away (we go to my father-in-laws farm), so I know we aren't disturbing anyone (except perhaps the cows ). The adults do all the lighting and the kids are there to watch only, and from a safe distance. No way my kids are getting near anything you have to light. I do understand why some don't want to participate, because it can be dangerous if you don't know what your doing, or go about it carelessly.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 PM

I grew up shooting them, in a way that did not harm anything. Our property was very large over 2 acres. All animals were up and when we were old enough to be respsonable we were taught how to hold, lite, and throw them. But now most homes are within 6-15 feet apart and and no room for error. On my $4000.00 damage my insurance company refused to pay a penny cause it was listed that a firework started it not act of GOD, my neighbors denied to the court that they did not cause the damage. They were the only ones shooting around me, so I paid and have been ever so PISSED about it. Do you like to clean your yard of 150 rockets after every holiday? I don't, but I have to.
We will see what happens this year after the first one lands in my yard!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:55 AM

Usually it`s the other way around, they claim it was an act of God...then they don`t pay.
I would`ve gone after the neighbors (w/lawyer), $4,000.00 is a lot of damage.
Like I said, last time I bought fireworks, and it`s been a while (got no money to shoot up into the sky, or light up in general) IN. would sell them to you, but you couldn`t use them there. Which should`ve been a signal to neighboring states, that people would be bringing them home.
Of course to advertise an illegal product is even more intrigueing.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:04 AM

Fireworks are legal here around holidays. Some go nuts with them. Most are carefuly how they use them, but accidents do happen. I buy them and we launch from the driveway. There are not too many types you can't get here, I personally like the large air displays and usually only buy that type. Sometimes several of us get together and put everything together and use the culdesac across the street from me.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 AM

I think fireworks should be available to everybody. They are fun and not too dangerous if you just use some common sense. But when people start imposing on somebody else's holiday, such as damage to property, trash, etc., that's when the law should become involved.

As for kids in the ER, that's on the parents, not the fireworks, IMO. Kids are going to do dumb things, and parents should know this and not let their kids run around with incendiary devices.

But, there will always be people who don't think about what they're doing, and they have to put a damper on everybody else's good time.

Quick Reply: July 4th fireworks