The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Fourth of July Fireworks...
Yes, Should be available to all, legally
58.33%
No, too dangerous, leave to the PROs
41.67%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

July 4th fireworks

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 10:21 AM

I can't vote in this poll because I really don't think they should be legal for all having lived in Southern California for 50 years in an area where your lawnmower blade hitting a rock starts huge wild fires. BUT now that I'm living in the south (TN) where normally there is so much rain in the week leading up to the 4th and even on the day that you couldn't start a fire with napalm I do think they should be legal in some areas. We normally get fireworks here and have a little fun, even the mortar shells that go in the air. This year I'm not so sure, it depends on how much rain we get whether we get any aerials or not. I put my dogs in the house and take one at a time out on a leash to watch as most of my dogs love fireworks.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:32 AM

I don't think Oklahoma will have to worry about fires starting too much. This is the 3rd wettest year on record for North Central Oklahoma, which is where I live. We are 7 inches above average precipitation amounts

Even other parts of Oklahoma got it worse than we did. I think I seen one town on the news that was expected to be 1' over the flood level, but I didn't watch long enough to find out exactly how much rain they got.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:11 PM

No win

I remember when I could afford fireworks, my MOM would say I was just wasting money.
So I stopped, then she asked, if I was gonna get fireworks, they were so enjoyable.
Sometimes a fella just can`t win.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
I remember when I could afford fireworks, my MOM would say I was just wasting money.
So I stopped, then she asked, if I was gonna get fireworks, they were so enjoyable.
Sometimes a fella just can`t win.

Little did you know it your Mom was giving you a hint of married life

Goose
Old 06-28-2007, 09:14 PM

When we moved to Florida, I was so thrilled at all the public firework displays in the area. I could go 25 miles any direction and chose from 4 outstanding shows. Yet we still have neighbors who have to shoot them off. And it's not just on the 4th. It starts when the firework stands go up and ends when they run out. Yes, most exploding fireworks are illegal but they just go to Alabama to buy them. With the drought this year, the whole state of Florida could be in flames. We found out a few months ago that even the smoke from a distant fire causes health concerns.

I really love watching fireworks. We had 6 acres of open land where I grew up and we shot them off each year. But, since my kids have grown, my normal July 4th activity is to turn on "Pop Goes the 4th" and enjoy some great music.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 PM

I just made my pilgrimage to here.... http://www.patfire.com
Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Little did you know it your Mom was giving you a hint of married life

Goose
Not, just stopped about 10 yrs ago, been married 31.
Once I bought a brick of firecrackers for my boys, told them to light them one at a time, each waiting for the other.
Still had a half brick the next year, they could care less about firecrackers now.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:21 PM

Pop goes the 4th...lol I haven't heard that mentioned for a long time....all my years living 20 minutes outside of Boston I never ventured to the Esplanade on the 4th...too crazy!!!

Goose
Old 06-28-2007, 09:24 PM

BB...seems like there are too many other things to occupy kids minds now...the stuff we thought was fun when we were kids is now....lame...(so I've been told by my 15 year old stepson)

Goose
Old 06-28-2007, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
When we moved to Florida, I was so thrilled at all the public firework displays in the area. I could go 25 miles any direction and chose from 4 outstanding shows. Yet we still have neighbors who have to shoot them off. And it's not just on the 4th. It starts when the firework stands go up and ends when they run out. Yes, most exploding fireworks are illegal but they just go to Alabama to buy them. With the drought this year, the whole state of Florida could be in flames. We found out a few months ago that even the smoke from a distant fire causes health concerns.

I really love watching fireworks. We had 6 acres of open land where I grew up and we shot them off each year. But, since my kids have grown, my normal July 4th activity is to turn on "Pop Goes the 4th" and enjoy some great music.
SB...this is always a good time: http://www.ftruckermwr.com/

Quick Reply: July 4th fireworks