The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

July's Just a Bad Month For Me...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 02:00 AM

i think you missed a big part of story here... any cute nurses there...lol!
hey bro i hope the foot heals fast...

the bgnozdude
Old 07-30-2006, 04:16 AM

Great narritive, bad-for-you, but good fodder for the forum
Sorry to hear of all this.
Stay in bed until August!
Some months it just does not pay to get out of bed!
Viva Vicodin
Old 07-30-2006, 07:03 AM

Socal and Oldschool you guys can feel better that a crummy month like that can be followed by a month of fantastic stuff...'school you got your HHR back for our run...see your month is already getting better...Socal, heal well friend, to bad you are so far away I could inviteyou to our run and we could make it a healing party...you guys take it easy!!!
Old 07-30-2006, 07:43 AM

Wow Mike! That sucks for an active guy like you. The one hour wait at the ER......out here, that's not bad at all. On Mondays at the urban hospitals you could wait 8-9 hours for simple problems. It's that busy!

Vicodin is an excellent drug of choice. Better than percs I think.

If it's any consolation, all last weekend I was locked up in Cardiac Care. Had a cardiac cath done Monday (they push wires and stuff up into your heart via your groin). Fixed yet another problem. The good news is that your bikini line is to die for after they shave you. I know women who pay lots for the look. This week it's on to the treadmill test to see how things are working. Just another bump in the road. The rest is all good.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:01 AM

Hey Mike, get that foot healed up bud!! cause im gonna need some new mods for my hhr!!! LOL just kiddin. hope your feelin better bud!
Old 07-30-2006, 09:37 AM

Gotta love those emergency room crews. They do provide a vital service but sometimes they just don't think. About 12 years ago I busted my hand.. bad! Like you, I hate hospitals so I sat at my parents house hoping the softball size swelling would go down. Finally about 10PM I drive myself to the emergency room. About midnight I get taken into the back... but they did have CNN on the tube in the waiting room to help me kill the two hours of pain.

I get into the back room and a nurse comes in and looks at my hand and decides she is going to put a brace on it... It is the kind of brace that people use for a sprained wrist. I've got a busted hand so she proceeds to just keep pushing and pushing this thing over my swollen hand and I think I am dying. Then I get rolled down to X-ray... who knew there were so many bumps in a hospital hallway for them to hit with a gurney when you are in pain? Finally back to the room to wait some more...

Finally the doc comes in about 1AM and proceeds to pull the brace off of my swollen hand. He puts up the x-rays and shows me the three broken bones in the middle of my hand and the other bone that has a split end with a piece floating... He says it can be fixed but not here, not tonight so he is going to send me home. Of course it is Friday. They make me an appointment with the bone doctor on Monday. He wants to give me a shot but I don't have a driver so he can't. The hospital has a pharmacy built in so he sends over a prescription for Demoeral and it finally comes back in a neat little back and he tells me how/when to take it and release me... Now just shortly after 2AM!

The drive home is short and now I have this nice big tight bandage wrapped around my arm... I'm right handed and this is my right hand so I have to do everything left handed... Sometimes I forget and the jolt of electricity up my arm reminds me. I get home and get ready to sleep through it... I pull out my little miracle bottle that is going to make the pain go away so I can sleep a little... CHILD-PROOF CAP!!! And me with only one hand! And I was single back then too... I don't remember exactly how I got into them but I know I did...

Finally on Wednesday of the next week I went into the hospital to have pins put in my hand... I won't even go into the fiasco of not making it into surgery until 13 hours after they gave me the shot that they give you an hour before you go in... That is another story. And oh yeah.. I was in the hospital for SIX DAYS with a broken hand.. I could have had a baby and heart surgery and been home quicker!

Hope you foot feels better, Mike.. But look on the bright side. Ten or twelve years from now you can tell this story again on some internet web site.. Or better yet, put it in your memoirs!
Old 07-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Sorry to hear that Mike. I have been lucky enough to never break a bone, so I can not say "I feel your pain" Hope you get to feeling better.