The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Just Announced!!! CHEVY RED TAG SALES EVENT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by SIHHR
Gee. I feel like i'm the only person who actally paid overstick for there's. I bought mine in august and knew nothing about the car but I saw it and wanted it.
You know how it is! When you pay for something that you realy like, you find out that someone else gets it cheaper. I did not get the best deal either, but I have learned that it is better to recieve what you want without a hassel. I have bougt Saturns for the last 10 years and found a dealer that operates in the same way.
Ginn motors of Covington, Georgia. The best Deal is not always the best Deal!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by HHR-FordRules
I have only seen 1 HHR.
None at dealer.
Could you make me sig. from the picture of the front of my HHR posted in the gallery? If so, let me know.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:02 AM

Batman5273,

I'm currently in the market to but an HHR, but haven't found anything in the color and options I want on any of the lots with in a 100 mile radius of home; so it looks like I will be ordering the car I want. The company I work for does work for GM so the employees get the GM supplier discount; is this discount good for an ordered vehicle?

maddog
Old 11-22-2005, 08:17 AM
Banned

My company does work for GM also but I have never heard of a supplier discount only the GM employee discount. The dealer only cares if you can get them a GMAC approval number to my knowledge.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:43 AM

Captain Howdy,
I have the authorization number and the form I have says I should identify myself as a "GM supplier employee".
Perhaps it is a different kind of discount.

maddog
Old 11-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Banned

Cool. My company does developmental work for the GM fuel cell development center in Honeoye Falls, N.Y.. Maybe they don't offer it to my company seeing as how we are not a major supplier yet. Once GM greenlights the mass production of their fuel celled vehicles maybe my company will get lucky and they'll offer it to us. I used my Grandmothers GMAC discount and the dealer told me he didn't care as long as I got him the correct approval number. I think you should be good. Good luck!

Last edited by captain howdy; 11-22-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by maddog
Batman5273,

I'm currently in the market to but an HHR, but haven't found anything in the color and options I want on any of the lots with in a 100 mile radius of home; so it looks like I will be ordering the car I want. The company I work for does work for GM so the employees get the GM supplier discount; is this discount good for an ordered vehicle?

maddog
I have checked on this at my local dealers. I also get the GM supplier discount. The answer is MAYBE. Depends on the dealer. Yes, GM allows the discount on ordered vehicles - including HHR. But some dealers are not willing to do it for you. Of the 6 dealers I have spoken to, 2 were willing to order at GM supplier Price. One even said that they would honor Red tag price for special orders. (I know that is basically the same discount) Just shows that some dealerships are willing to work with us. Some are only looking for large profit on a high demand vehicle.

By the way, one of the dealers would not even honor GM Supplier price on HHR's they already had on the lot. Said they only sold them for MSRP + $2000. But for me - rather than give me GM supplier pricing, they would let me have it for the low, low price of MSRP. They told me every dealer in the area would tell me the same thing, and would probably not even come down to MSRP. By the way they had 6 HHR's on the lot that wer not moving very fast. That was about a month ago and I think they still have some of them.

I'll stop rambling on now. Just my 2 cents... +2 cents... +2 cents...
Old 11-22-2005, 11:54 AM

A very valuable 2 cents I'd say! People need to realize that many dealers will be trying to take them to the cleaners on HHR's starting right now.

1) Dealers can only get so many HHR's as GM currently can't keep up with production.

2) They sell as fast as they come in.

3) Dealers don't make much on the HHR at MSRP. (*They actually get a credit from GM for each one they sell.)

With this being the case, it's easy to see how tacking on a "stipend" will become normal for any dealers. We saw this here in California with the Plymouth Prowler, which MSRP'd at 26k. Within months they had skyrocketed to 45k!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - FLEET MANAGER! That is the person to see when buying your HHR. They often have special internet pricing and are usually the ONLY person at the dealership who is allowed to give special pricing. Call the Fleet Manager.

Hope it helps someone...
Old 11-22-2005, 12:51 PM

Guys,
Thanks for the feedback and the information. Nothing better than having your guns loaded when you walk into a dealership and know what your talking about and not letting the shiney chrome and fancy paint gum up your thinking cells.
I keep you upraised of what happens in the coming weeks.

maddog
Old 12-05-2005, 07:32 AM

Talking I got my HHR

Well,
The dealership DID honor the GM Supplier discount and I saved an additional $100 more than the red tag sale. They found my car about 200 miles away at another dealership and I took delivery of it on November 30, and coincidently it began too snow at the same time and the weather has gotten cold here in Wisconsin.
When I figure out how to post a pic of the car I will.
So far with about 200 miles I have put on it I just love this vehicle.

maddog

Quick Reply: Just Announced!!! CHEVY RED TAG SALES EVENT!!!!