The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

LEFTY PC Case

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:34 PM

LEFTY PC Case

My pc has been around since my birthday in '04, and has been bandaided with bigger memory, HDs. But the case is not "me" anymore, - silly, huh, except the front on mine is navy blue. And everything is getting slower and slower to refresh.

So, DH (do you guys use DH around here) is going to build me a new system, is ordering the parts now. The really cool thing is, HE FOUND ME A CASE FOR LEFTIES!!!

I alway have my case on the bottom left, not right, and all of the windows are always on the other side. Well, this one's inverted, not sure why, but I'll TAKE IT!!! It's so clean looking and now I just have to decide whether to go with the usual blue lighting, or go GREEN, or coming them... maybe Blue and Red?? I'm a kid, I know it!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Are you sure the picture hasn't just been flipped? I think you should build your own, it really isn't that hard.

This is the case I'm using for my next build.

Name:  Cosmos.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  12.8 KB
Old 09-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mitzkity
It's so clean looking and now I just have to decide whether to go with the usual blue lighting, or go GREEN, or coming them...
Use both.....They look good together. But I'm partial.
Name:  WALLPAPER.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  57.8 KB
The greens in mine are cathodes and the blues are neon. They are on independent switches so I can give the case either a blue glow, green glow, or I can flip them both on for a really bright aquamarine glow. I also both green and blue LEDs to compliment the lights. All of the case fans are green LED.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned

The flash doesn't do the lights justice in the pics.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 PM

MMMmmmmm, yummy!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by 1Panel2NV
Are you sure the picture hasn't just been flipped? I think you should build your own, it really isn't that hard.

This is the case I'm using for my next build.

That's a gorgeous case. I tell you, I have HAD it with dust, and I think silver would help a lot!!

Well, I don't think it's flipped - here's the case link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811196024 and I hope they are catering to enough clientele to continue this trend. You don't need to be a lefty to want your box on the left side, right?

Did you mean, build my own system. That is VERY scary!! When I watch what he does, he's done it so many times he knows what order to do it in, the operating system, when to put the firewalls up, and where to find all the updates, and where all the old install executables are... I maintain the family photos and the music drives, and if all we were doing was pulling those out and plugging them in another system, I could do that part, but I believe we are moving to fewer and larger drives.

There's so much to think about - trying to avoid losing all my fonts, e-mail, address books, things downloaded from STEAM with no physical discs, old games that I'll have to go dig up to reinstall... it all involves so much trust and experience. I tend to panic over error messages, and he knows when to worry and when to plow through.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Use both.....They look good together. But I'm partial.

The greens in mine are cathodes and the blues are neon. They are on independent switches so I can give the case either a blue glow, green glow, or I can flip them both on for a really bright aquamarine glow. I also both green and blue LEDs to compliment the lights. All of the case fans are green LED.
very cool. I'm thinking of using these fans for her http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/produc...2346/a2346.asp

Going to probably load it using UV reactive cables, couple of UV Tubes, and the varigated fans. So far I've only ordered the RAM, and the case for her build. (Ram cuz I found some Corsair XMS for $60 after MIR for a 2GB kit) and the case as it's where I always start.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:17 PM

If you can put together Legos you can build a PC. I just built a new rig with almost all parts from NewEgg

E6750 Duo Core cpu
Gigabyte P35C-DS3R MB
2GB OCZ PC 6400 Platinum Memory
320GB Western Digital Sata 3.0 HD 16MB Cache
Antec 900 Case
700W OCZ GameXtreme PSU
eVga 8800 GTS 640 MB Video Card

Took men about 20 minutes to put it all together..have a new Samsung DVD burner coming tomorrow from the Egg

Do it yourself and save a lot of $$ and build it with superior parts

Goose
Old 09-16-2007, 07:28 PM

Eighteen months ago I purchased my first laptop. I never thought I would like one but I'm sold! It's so quiet. I carry it where ever I travel. I'll never go back to a tower computer again.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
If you can put together Legos you can build a PC. I just built a new rig with almost all parts from NewEgg

E6750 Duo Core cpu
Gigabyte P35C-DS3R MB
2GB OCZ PC 6400 Platinum Memory
320GB Western Digital Sata 3.0 HD 16MB Cache
Antec 900 Case
700W OCZ GameXtreme PSU
eVga 8800 GTS 640 MB Video Card

Took men about 20 minutes to put it all together..have a new Samsung DVD burner coming tomorrow from the Egg

Do it yourself and save a lot of $$ and build it with superior parts

Goose
That sounds nuts - you forgot all the loading of the software...and that 1 little error message that you've never seen before that you don't want to ignore. Over-simplifying??

I do agree and usually get all my components from NewEgg - however, I'm not impervious to checking out other sites for free shipping, rebate offers, IF they have good ratings...i.e., ZipZoomFly (my case) and ClubIT.

However, DH has been building systems for a long time, most of which are still alive and kicking and he ain't broke, so I ain't fixing THAT.

DH - forumspeak Dear Husband, DD = Dear Daughter, MIL Mother in Law, SIL Sisterinlaw.... don't they use that in car forums??

Quick Reply: LEFTY PC Case