The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Let it snow...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 AM

so visibility is down to 1/8th of a mile...so that would mean that I could be out of sight in a little over 9 seconds with a boosted launch???

Hopefully everyone still has power/heat
Old 01-07-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by 08SSREDHHR
We got a total of 13.6 inches with 40 mph winds. My county has been on a level three since yesterday which means no ones allowed on the roads accept emergency personal. I believe its a -20 wind chill. Im 22 and have never experienced a winter like this before.
Its even bad for Buffalo...and we are used to it.. The wind is the killer with this storm...the snow is not a big deal.

We have travel bans all over with the same description...No travel except emergency personnel...every 5-10 years or so we get a storm that just shuts things down for a few days, I guess we were just overdue...We are being told that we can be arrested if we are driving (and not emergency personnel)

we have 1000+ business closings
we have 100+cancelled flights (highest percentage in all of the country right now)
all major routes closed through WNY
Old 01-07-2014, 06:16 PM
Administrator

I'm 59 and fully remember the Blizzard of 1977, I was deployed to the Port Colborne detachment of the O.P.P. to drive officers in my Toyota Land Cruiser to check houses and transfer people to local schools from their homes buried in snow. I have not seen as bad a storm as that one and hope Old Man Winter ( no not Johnny or Edgar) and Ma Nature don't double team us again!!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member

hey badass........

Click on your picture you posted above to enlarge it. Then go to the lower left corner and click "Prev".

It brings up a very revealing picture of your girlfriend or wife . Just thought you would like to know.

Last edited by Snoopy; 01-07-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
hey badass........

Click on your picture you posted above to enlarge it. Then go to the lower left corner and click "Prev".

It brings up a very revealing picture of your girlfriend or wife . Just thought you would like to know.

it only gives me the option to close it...AND I'm single so it doesnt make sense...and no dirty photos in my gallery on my phone

unless you mean a different photo than the one with my local weather???
Old 01-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

That was a psychological test. Wanted to see how it would increase the "hit" count using questionable dialog. Surprisingly, not as many as I thought. I was having a little fun......hope you don't mind.

But, I do get an additional photo as I mentioned in the OP. It appears to be taken from inside your vehicle, out the front window driving in a white out.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:09 PM

No problem.....glad I could be the ginuea pig
Old 01-09-2014, 01:21 PM

BadAssBowtie

Buffalo must be the snow capitol of the USA. Or is it Cleveland?

We got about 20 inches of snow and it raised havoc here. I can't imagine the Buffulo and Cleveland areas and the lake effect snow you guys get.
W get lake effect snow along our western shores but nothing like you guys get there.

I haven't been driving my SS - don't like to get her salty. I don't like to get the panel salty either but.............

Be safe

Boydie

[QUOTE=badassbowtie;731554]It seems as if mother nature is giving us WNYers a storm of the millennium from whats being predicted...It may be completely obvious, but stay safe neighbors...With 30"-36" of lake effect snow predicted for my neck of the woods, big wind gusts, and -40* wind chills, this storm already has schools and businesses closed for tomorrow and its just begun...I myself am up in the air about trying to make it to work in the morning...Buffalo has its first Blizzard warning since 1993...we have had some pretty wicked storms since then, that weren't considered blizzards, so I am a little nervous...My 25 minute ride home from work was about an hour and 40 minutes, with 40MPH+ wind gusts creating white out conditions.

"life threatening cold" is what its being called by abc news

and our forecast for the next 24-48 hours from the national weather service

[I]... BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST WEDNESDAY... ... WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST TUESDAY...
Old 01-09-2014, 04:52 PM

Boydie...Pretty much. I mean Cleveland gets a lot too...but all the cities/towns east and south of lake Erie/Ontario get hammered year after year typically...that same storm system that went through here, went towards Syracuse and dump 2+ feet on them... We had EVERYTHING shut down Tuesday....there is no exaggeration when I say it snowed sideways for about 34-36 hours...How many people can say the had single digit temps (Fahrenheit), 2' of snow, and 40-50 mph winds...

I guess the only thing is, our weather extremes don't destroy entire towns and cities...I rather shovel snow, than deal with hurricanes and tornadoes...

on the bright side it was sunny all day today and I think it hit 20 degrees...so that was nice