The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Life Goals

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member

Life Goals

Once read some interesting material about "life goals". The author (whose name escapes me) stated that everyone should establish "several" things to accomplish before you depart this world (before you die, in plain lanquage). He also stated he was referring to PERSONAL accomplishments outside of those considered the "norm" i.e.,.....providing a good living for your family, seeing your child, getting married/growing up, etc.

When this was discussed with friends, one evening, it got really interesting. And, it revealed a lot of positive ideas about people.

So what I'm asking is for you to list, no more than 5 "things" you would like to do while you're still above ground. Use some discression and be reasonable...guys, you will not sleep with Jessica Simpson.....ladies, you can't have Josh Holloway.

I'll start......

1. I would like to visit Resolute, Cornwallis Island, Canada.
2. I would like to visit the volcanic area of Antartica and swim in the 80 degree water (name escapes me...I think it is Desolation Island).
3. I would like to fly in an F-14, F-15 or F-16 and go through the sound barrier.
4. I would like to take a world cruise (108 days).
5. I would like to have a long weekend party, in a stadium or whatever, for all the veterans and their families, in the state of Arizona (my way of saying thanks).

Oh, goals do not need to be in order.

Your turn...
Old 11-13-2006, 08:52 PM

1. Make my son very proud of his father
2. Have fastest N/A HHR
3. Make my Family very proud of me
4. Fly new F-22 and bomb something just to show the US MIGHT
5. Change something in this country politicaly
Old 11-13-2006, 08:57 PM

1. Make it through my career and retire as a CMSgt.
2. Make sure my kids grow to be successful
3. Travel as much as a can and learn new cultures.

Man thats it guess Im not to picky...haha

As for flying. I have already flown in an F-16. It was a great experience. Dont really care to much if it was to happen again.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:54 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
I only have one important Life Goal... to have my wife outlive me. She has BC and if she does outlive me, she won the battle!
Old 11-13-2006, 09:59 PM

Well since it is to late for me to retire by the age 40 and Snoopy took away sleeping with someone famous (still a goal just not reachable )

1) Make sure the family is taken care of and happy
2) Travel
Really that is about it. Sure there are things I would love to do or try but would not think of them as a goal. As long as my kids grow up to be responsible and can be proud of what we have done for them and given them that is it.

Wait one goal is to make it to Snoopy's weekend party, and since he wants it here in Arizona I will get that goal as long as he does
Old 11-13-2006, 10:00 PM

• stay in recovery
  • be a better father
  • be a better husband
If I can do those three things, the rest will take care of itself. I'll put in the effort and leave the results to God!
Old 11-14-2006, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
  • stay in recovery
  • be a better father
  • be a better husband
If I can do those three things, the rest will take care of itself. I'll put in the effort and leave the results to God!
I guess I'll take the last two of Mike's as my first two. My other one would be to push the students in IYM's SUdden Impact Crama Ministry to be as passionate as they can about the ministry.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:57 AM

I only have one goal to live by:

Live life to it's fullest.

Each person can have a different meaning to that. To me, it's not having regrets. Each event in your life made you, you.

I've done the traveling and such. I've discovered it's the simple things that mean the most.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:01 AM

- Be a good person
- Do more good than harm
- Raise my daughters to be good citizens
- Blast across the alkali flats in a jet-powered, monkey-navigated...D'OH
- Have fun
Old 11-14-2006, 09:48 AM

I have been blessed to have experienced so much in my 45 years, I could just sit back, chill and be content, but hey what fun would that be??? 1.) Spoil my wife and provide her with the best life possible
2.) Guide my sons to be good men, fathers and friends
3.) Continue my work in becoming a stronger christian and a better friend to those who I call friends.
4.) Travel this great country again and again (already have traveled the world and wasn't that impressed)
5.) Drive it like I stoled it, Live like I 'm dying, Love without apprehension, Try without fear of failure, and Never, ever take life for granted

Quick Reply: Life Goals