The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Living Will

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Living Will

Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."

She got up, unplugged the TV and then threw out my drink.

She's Such A B****.......
Old 01-15-2007, 09:38 PM

Old 01-16-2007, 07:42 AM

Old 01-16-2007, 07:45 AM

Well you kind of asked for it!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:18 PM

put it in writting or it may happen!! when my mother passed she hadnt stated anything to that affect in her living will but all of us 6 step brothers and sister and my step father and my brother and grandmother all had heard it from her as she was a nurse all of her life and since i was like 10 she had said things like that to me and everyone else!! so when she passed (bleed to death internally in a hospital bed after a liver biopsy) the doctors told us she had maybe 2% brain activity which is basiclly never comming back and would most deffinetly never be a normal human being EVER!! But my step father would not let them pull the plug waiting and hoping and i discussed the fact that wasnt what she wanted with my step brothers and sisters and they all said well its keeping him happy to have her so what is the harm!!!??? So i had to throw a huge scene with them and the doctors in the hospital to get them to grow a pair and tell their father it wasnt keeping him happy but was keeping him from faceing reality!! ! of my siblings 1 backed me up and those A hole doctors were bs my step father saying oh there is a 1 in a billion chance she could be ok!?? they were just worried about a law suit for neglect period!! so after a week and a half i finally got them all to do as my mother had wished and told us all to not let her be like that EVER!!! It was the hardest week of my life to date!! So put it in writting!!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:23 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
when my mother passed she hadnt stated anything to that affect in her living will
Then that was just a will, not a living will. That is the purpose of a "living will."
Old 01-16-2007, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Novadiecast
Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."

I hope that this isn't true, because then I would feel guilty about laughing my a** off!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:00 PM

Funny stuff!!! Just be careful some members on here may question the title of your thread and its meaning therein. Happened to me about Home Depot. Could happen to anyone!

Sounds like something my ex would've done too!
Old 01-16-2007, 05:54 PM

Nova
Are you crazy, She is not mad at you for what you said I think that call that a DNR. The reason she Unplugged the TV and threw your drink away is because she is Practicing for the Super Bowl Game.

Now you know when the Super Bowl game is on your wife always has to ask you a question, and when she finds out that the game comes 1st and your wife comes 2nd (This is when she will Unplugged the TV and through your Drink away) She is just practicing for the Big game.

You Da Man

By the way my wife & I both feel the same way DNR!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member

Z-man......

You mean you LET your wife in the house when you're watching the Super Bowl? Does she bring you a beer when you YELL for it? How about chips and dip?

You are a weak man......

Ahhhh, mine lets me watch it too...if I'm nice.

Quick Reply: Living Will