The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Living Will

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=Novadiecast;113529]Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state"

But you live in Indiana.....
Old 01-21-2007, 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=tsaints1115;114991]
Originally Posted by Novadiecast
Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state"

But you live in Indiana.....
Theres more than corn in Indiana,
Old 01-21-2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
JX3... if the "living Will " is done correctly the DNR goes beyond the "normal" recognised procedures. It also, can regulate how life saving precedures are administered.....drugs, artficial resporators, etc. under specified conditions, when you are in a vegetative state.

Karen.....

Question for you..... Read an article that medical facilities are not legally bound to follow these written wishes. However, most do. The article said that it is not a matter of life or death, but more to the legal issue of being involved. So, some may deny the DNR. Do you know of this?? Is it true, to your knowledge??
A Dnr at times can be revolked if no family member has power of att. and there a more than 1 child, then one can say yes, the other can say no.
Another case could be mom/dad signed a DNR with their Doctor, and the children can make a fuss stating that " They were not in their right mind, or they did not understand it"

A DNR must be filled out with a Doctor in presence, and he/she will sign at that time as well.

DNR can be hold all life support,no Cpr, No ventalation, No fluids.
or you can stuplate that you want fluid,Medications pushed IV to try to bring you back.

The normal DNR is to haold all.

That is why a Living Will in conjection with A DNR is best, because it is very hard to over turn if both are done with the Doctors and the Attornerys.
Do not forget as about donating organs, body to medical sience, etc.
If all of these items are written it is had to over turn.

I am sorry for being long winded, my 12 hour case turned into a 17 hour case and I am very glad to say they did not suffer, nor did they take a long time, and that the family were very grateful that I was there for the mom, and all of the family, friends. I need some sleep. I hope this has helped, if you have further questions PM me and I will get more info for you.
NIte nite.