The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Lost Returns Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:43 PM

I skipped the foreplay and watched the show. It got me interested after a bit and its pacing is a bit better . I hope they can keep the pacing that way.Again, for every door closed three more open. It is NOT satisfying, but still a bit titillating.
Juliet's cell phone looked a bit too modern for a three year ago flashback.
My wife and I like Heroes a LOT more!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:48 PM

Did ya catch the Clockwork room? No original ideas there , unfortunately. One of the images with writing suggested religious indoctrination, but that does not really fit.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Harpozep
Did ya catch the Clockwork room? No original ideas there , unfortunately. One of the images with writing suggested religious indoctrination, but that does not really fit.
That is one of the reasons I still watch the show. They have a lot of scenes stole straight from films I love, especially horror. I'm always pointing them out to my wife. At first she thought I was crazy but we watched one of those making of specials and they brought it up admitting to stealing scenes from films they love. I guess the writers and myself have similar tastes in film. The Clockwork room was kind of stupid though. What was the deal with the fake light up 3D glasses they had the dude hooked to. I liked the eye hook thing they used on Alex better.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That is one of the reasons I still watch the show. They have a lot of scenes stole straight from films I love, especially horror. I'm always pointing them out to my wife. At first she thought I was crazy but we watched one of those making of specials and they brought it up admitting to stealing scenes from films they love. I guess the writers and myself have similar tastes in film. The Clockwork room was kind of stupid though. What was the deal with the fake light up 3D glasses they had the dude hooked to. I liked the eye hook thing they used on Alex better.
Ah, but Malcolm Macdowell suffered cornea damage on the set and that was a REAL doctor administering eyedrops in the film!

I think that is the last we will see of eye hooks in a Hollywood movie ! Now, outside Hollywood, I'm sure some horror folks will/ are using eyehooks. It is what they must do!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:20 AM

What a rip off last night was. I like the show but last night the commercial count was out of control. You got 6 minutes of TV then 10-12 minutes of commercials. In the first 15 minutes they went to commercial twice. I can not remember the last time a one hour show had this many commercials.
What little bit of the show you got to see was pretty good.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:39 PM

I just watched LOST, I watched it on ABC's web page,, very limited comericals.
I have been watching it like this so I can watch other things on tv.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:09 PM

To me, Lost is just another cookie-cutter drama that everybody thinks is excelent. I desprately hate shows like that. The whole new reality/drama TV craze that is going on is, hopefully, gonna die out pretty soon. I'd rather stare at a wall then watch most of these shows.

Now if you'll excuse me, I just noticed one of these shows were on. I'm gonna pop some popcorn, snuggle up under a blanket with my wife, and stare at a wall.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:19 PM

I started watching Lost from episode 1. It seemed to me that after they got some ratings and more people started watching that had missed the first 2-3 shows ABC decided to repeat them. Then as more people watched they started making "rehash" shows that were apparantly made to catch up even more people on what had happened so far. By the end of the season I couldn't tell if I was watching a new show or a rehashed version.

Then they start off the new season with more "fluff" from last season followed by a break in production. Then to top it off last night they do a "rehash" of epic proportion and included the two dorks that write for the show adding their brilliant quips about the show. Needless to say I hope they stay Lost and I could give a rats A** what happens on that piece of crap show. It started off great but the plane crash has turned into a train wreck as far as I am concerned.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Banned

You don't think it's getting gooder? That is what got me the most about those two doofs.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:34 PM

Gooder?

Quick Reply: Lost Returns Tonight