The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Michael Vick Pleads Guilty

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:28 PM

Yeah I know on espn they treat it as just like it is a drug charge(not saying that isn't serious). Vick gambled illegally and is not getting the flack pete rose did(who deserves to be in the hof).Vick is just a hb/wr converted to qb who never mastered the art of being a qb. I bet if you put him in a real pass offense like the west coast he would have no idea what he would be doing. If u put reggie bush at qb he could do the same thing as vick.Vick to me was never a true qb like brett favre or peyton manning just a qb wannabee who did something horrendous.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:50 PM

Old 08-21-2007, 10:10 PM

lol even tho it is bad.. they are still just animals...

i dont condone it either but, but why such emotionwhen it comes to a domesticated animal? but no emotion, as the other guy said when deer are killed? its not like they are hunting to eat, like way back when the indians had to do it...

well this whole thing to me is no big deal; but he did do something illegal so he does have to pay...

but then again, why no such out pouring of emotion when humans get killed, or are starved, or mistreated?

the guy probably wont end up in jail, or do much time...and like quest said, i also new alot of guys in the dallas area who were high ups in the east dallas gang(s) and when in jail, they were kings.. so vick wont be in any hardship
Old 08-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
Just another reason to ban certain breeds of dogs, if you cant use them for their intended breeding, ..... why breed them?
You can't blame dogs for the actions of their trainer/owner. I know many gentle, loyal, obedient, and loving pits. One of the wussiest dogs I know is a pit. Pits are not violent and mean by nature......some people make them that way.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:30 PM

Vick took the easy way out, knowing full well that he would not do time like he should. He should be treated like one of his dogs, who waged their tails at their masters sight, yet the master is the one who held their heads in water and placed an electric wire in their rectum and another on their tongue and turned the electric on. And mostlikely smoke a joint laughing all the way.

And Yes I do go out and hunt deer and boar, with a permit and Yes I do field dress and eat the meat of the deer and/or boar that I kill.

These two are not sports, Only one is and that is the sport of killing for food, I do not take the horns as trophies, nor the hides, and I never have.

What he did is to put his name down in the book of shame for all to see and remember for all time.

Last edited by karen1953; 08-22-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
You can't blame dogs for the actions of their trainer/owner. I know many gentle, loyal, obedient, and loving pits. One of the wussiest dogs I know is a pit. Pits are not violent and mean by nature......some people make them that way.
Well said!
Old 08-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Steelcity
Yeah I know on espn they treat it as just like it is a drug charge(not saying that isn't serious). Vick gambled illegally and is not getting the flack pete rose did(who deserves to be in the hof).Vick is just a hb/wr converted to qb who never mastered the art of being a qb. I bet if you put him in a real pass offense like the west coast he would have no idea what he would be doing. If u put reggie bush at qb he could do the same thing as vick.Vick to me was never a true qb like brett favre or peyton manning just a qb wannabee who did something horrendous.
pete rose gambled against his own team. which usually equates to throwing a game here and there. what makes him a hall of famer? he was busted! yet Bonds is not seen as a hall of famer eventhough nothing has been proven, just suspected.

why does no one here care about the NBA official who has pleaded guilty to doing the exact same thing pete rose did? ask yourself that and figure out the double standard.

Originally Posted by captain howdy
exactly, i will only exclusively own American Pits. they are awesome with kids, chihuahua's, and kittens.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by EL_REY
but no emotion, as the other guy said when deer are killed? its not like they are hunting to eat, like way back when the indians had to do it...
Way back when the Indians had to do it??

Unless you eat lettuce and sprouts whats the difference if you buy your meat at a supermarket, have a place cook it for you or eat a hamburger at Mickey D's? All you are having someone do is the dirty work for you that you don't have to do. Some people like venison...not my cup of tea but then again I don't hunt BUT totally understand why it is necessary

Ask someone like Tom if the deer population needs to be controlled...actually he is taking care of that himself just not using a rifle or bow

Goose
Old 08-22-2007, 02:17 PM

Here's proof positive that the NAACP has tunnel-vision when it comes to the rest of the world. Nobody's thinkin' at that outfit!

NAACP urges NFL to let Vick play again
By ERRIN HAINES, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 54 minutes ago

ATLANTA - An NAACP leader said Michael Vick should be allowed to return to the NFL, preferably the Atlanta Falcons, after serving his sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation.

"As a society, we should aid in his rehabilitation and welcome a new Michael Vick back into the community without a permanent loss of his career in football," said R.L. White, president of the group's Atlanta chapter. "We further ask the NFL, Falcons, and the sponsors not to permanently ban Mr. Vick from his ability to bring hours of enjoyment to fans all over this country."

White said the Falcons quarterback made a mistake and should be allowed to prove he has learned from that mistake.

On Monday, Vick said through a lawyer that he will plead guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce in aid of unlawful activities and conspiracy to sponsor a dog in an animal fighting venture.

Three Vick associates have pleaded guilty to the conspiracy charge and say Vick provided nearly all the gambling and operating funds for the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting enterprise. Two of them also said Vick participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs, raising the possibility of the animal cruelty charges.

Last month, state and local leaders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People urged the public not to rush to judgment in the Vick case. The civil rights organization said animal rights groups, talk radio and the news media were vilifying the embattled athlete, and that his team and corporate sponsors were prematurely punishing Vick.

White said the Atlanta chapter supports Vick's decision to accept a plea bargain if it's in his best interest, but he questioned the credibility of Vick's co-defendants, saying an admission of guilt might be more about cutting losses than the truth.

"At this point, you're not looking at guilt or innocence," White said, referring to the possible harsher sentence Vick could have received had he taken his case to trial and been found guilty. "You're thinking, 'What I better do is cut my losses and take a plea.' But if he saw this as the best thing to do at this point for his future, then I think he made the correct choice."

White said he regretted that the plea deal will mean all the facts of the case might never be known.

"Some have said things to save their own necks," White said. "Michael Vick has received more negative press than if he had killed a human being."

White said he does not support dogfighting and that he considers it as bad as hunting.

"His crime is, it was a dog," White said.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote
White said he does not support dogfighting and that he considers it as bad as hunting.

"His crime is, it was a dog," White said.
Let's talk out of both sides of our mouth. I don't support dog fighting but it was just a dog..... I don't hunt myself but the two aren't even close to each other. Most hunters kill the animal on the first shot. Shocking a dog, hanging a dog, throwing it on the ground until it dies is not the same...

Not to mention all of the gambling issues. According to the NFL rules it does not have to be betting on football. It is any illegal gambling. Plus Virginia is saying it will charge him with animal cruelty. Feds aren't doing that.

He will most likely go to a Federal Prison Camp or medium security facility. Federal is not like state prison. No big screen tvs etc in the fed system.

Quick Reply: Michael Vick Pleads Guilty