The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Michael Vick Pleads Guilty

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:44 PM

Damn straight, DFW...

I don't think animal cruelty is a federal charge, so they couldn't really pin that on them from their jurisdiction, but I could be wrong..

Fed facilities are way different than state or private pens.... Way different... I am glad they're sending him to a federal hole.. If he had gone to anything less, he would be treated like royalty.. He needs to go to a harsh place IMO.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:07 PM

"As bad as hunting"

Holy &^%$# Proof that idiots...make that absolute idiots still roam the earth

Goose
Old 08-22-2007, 09:34 PM

Actually killing deer in pennsylvania is more humane than not killing them. If they were not hunted there would be not enough food for them to eat so they would die a long death of starvation.This arguement is absolutely bogus.There is no way of putting this into the same category.Animal cruelty is not a federal charge but dog fighting is.Since it was done across state lines it can not be a state charge b/c it encompasses more than one state.Remember this is illegal gambling.BTW I will always think pete rose deserves in the hof.He was one heck of a player and made a mistake with an addiction.Vick didnt just gamble he tortured those animals to death.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:40 PM

"White said he does not support dogfighting and that he considers it as bad as hunting."
Wtf? What is up with that. Obviously the naacp did not do their homework and is trying everything.This case is not a race missue and it never has. When you plea guilty it is not "taking your losses" you are telling the court and the public that you did do this crime. This is why vick will sign a statement of facts that basically says he is agreeing that he did do all of the things that he has been accused of.If vick was truly not guilty his lawyers would not have done this. Billy marting is a very good attorney and even he realized he could not get vick out of this b/c he was in fact guilty and there was evidence to prove this.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:49 PM

Was at Wal-Mart and guy ahead of me and was getting a football. They would not sell it to him because it had Micheal Vick on it. Guessing Wal-Mart doesnt support products endorsed by him or that he got paid for.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
Was at Wal-Mart and guy ahead of me and was getting a football. They would not sell it to him because it had Micheal Vick on it. Guessing Wal-Mart doesnt support products endorsed by him or that he got paid for.
Or the cashiers personal feelings. After all they obviously are still stocking the item rather than pulling it. They already have money tied up in that product so they would be stupid to not recoup whats already invested.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Or the cashiers personal feelings. After all they obviously are still stocking the item rather than pulling it. They already have money tied up in that product so they would be stupid to not recoup whats already invested.
Stores can put a ban on products to sell in the "system" so when a cashier rings it up it says recalled or not for sale.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shaginwgn
Stores can put a ban on products to sell in the "system" so when a cashier rings it up it says recalled or not for sale.
It seems weird and illogical to me that they wouldn't want to make their money back but hey.........it Walmart.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:05 AM

This guy is a "Looser"...
Anyone to do what he did to those animals needs more then a few months in Jail. The NFL should make an example out of him, and when he gets out of Jail who is going to want to touch him. Yea, he's probably going to find GOD in Prison like all the rest. He had everything going for him, his job, his sponsors, and that wasn't enough.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
It seems weird and illogical to me that they wouldn't want to make their money back but hey.........it Walmart.
It is pretty backwards, but they are a major corporation, and a few footballs are not going to break their bank

Quick Reply: Michael Vick Pleads Guilty