The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Michael Vick Pleads Guilty

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 AM

Yeah I was actually at walmart afterthe plea deal was announced and a lot of people were buying his football.They will probably sell it on ebay to make a quick buck.You should see how much a jersey that has ron mexico on the back is selling for.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:15 PM

Another thing in the Michael Vick story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

IMO, Stephon Marbury, by the way he speaks, sounds dumber than a box o' rocks, and is no better than that White guy who spoke in Vick's defense.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:01 PM

"You know, from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

From what you hear eh Stephon? No first hand knowledge?

I guess comparing it to hunting is the "hip" defense. You nailed it better...actually box of rocks is insulting to rocks everywhere

Goose
Old 08-24-2007, 08:36 PM

Im not accusing anyone or picking on a region but in the southeast us this is sometimes considered acceptable.I believe clinton portis said he knew places in mississippi that had dog fighting.I know there are members who love dogs in the southeast but i am just pointing this out.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:54 PM

It is only acceptable if you have no value on any life.
And yes some call it a sport a blood sport. Which again is answered in the line above.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Steve DeOssie who was a linebacker at BC as well as the Giants and Dallas is now a talking head on WEEI in Boston. He stated that dog fighting is an absolute subculture of the NFL. Nate Newton was named as a big time dog fighter promoter.

DMX the rapper just had his house raided and 12 pit bulls were taken away.

Not the first time he has been in trouble for abusing animals.

Jeffrey Dahmer had no regard for animals either and enjoyed killing and torturing them.....where did that lead to.

"Just a Dog" comments sort of fall along those lines no? Seems starting with animals sometimes does lead to humans so think about that

Goose
Old 08-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
They already have money tied up in that product so they would be stupid to not recoup whats already invested.
On a lot of goods Wal-Mart doesnt pay for the item until it either passes through their register, or shows up missing at one of the two big inventory checks each year. If it doesnt show up at the end of year inventory, its written off as a loss, usually shoplifting. I used to work there back when i was in H.S.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Goose
DMX the rapper just had his house raided and 12 pit bulls were taken away.

Not the first time he has been in trouble for abusing animals.
I don't think DMX is the type to purposely hurt pits or fight them. He has an obvious love for pits. Just look at the "One love Boomer" tat on his back not mention all his barking, growling, and other stuff. I think he's a man with lots of problems that loves pits but gets too many for him to care for and love so they get neglected. Kind of like when you hear about an elderly widow with like 80 cats or 30 dogs that were taken in with love but end up neglected. It's not out of cruelty but stupidity. The persons intentions are good but they just can't handle the responsibility.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Steelcity
Im not accusing anyone or picking on a region but in the southeast us this is sometimes considered acceptable.I believe clinton portis said he knew places in mississippi that had dog fighting.I know there are members who love dogs in the southeast but i am just pointing this out.
I grew up in Mississippi... have NEVER heard of dog fighting.... always thought of it as somthing you see in the movies...
Old 08-25-2007, 10:36 AM

lol yea they are ONLY DOGS

hmm i live in texas and have always heard of dog fights and even rooster fights....so how come no one cares about roosters dying either?

there is also a great ugliness going around the country..and it must be stopped....yes "cat juggling"

Quick Reply: Michael Vick Pleads Guilty