The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

MIT or Stanford?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:37 PM

MIT does instantly gets peoples attention. Stanford academically looks down at the other pac 10 schools, does have California weather and great Networking. He can go anywhere, he's proven he's a winner and with all he's faced. Truly an inspiring story!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Congratulations to your son!

As a (UC) Berkeley alumna, I have my issues with anything red.
While Berkeley is (usually) the top Engineering school for public universities (& ranked #3 overall), he made an excellent choice by picking the 'furd.

Best piece of advice I can give him: learn to dress in layers REAL FAST (although it is a bit warmer on that side of the bay), and go to at least one Big Game while there (CAL-stanfurd football -- usually the Saturday before Thanksgiving). I think it is at the farm this year, but he's got to visit Memorial Stadium (Berkeley) and watch a Big Game on Tightwad Hill at least once!

Also, San Francisco if just up the 101 as well. Doesn't really need a car, although it is a bit of a schlep from the campus to downtown.

And CAL currently has the AXE.

Go Bears!

@ngelita, '96