The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

The Most Dangerous Cities In America

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Shoot, any large city has its good areas and those you don't want to venture into.

I live in a high end area of Norfolk, VA, but within blocks, there are areas that I would not go.

Being a largely Navy town, historically there were growth booms during wars. Expansion was sporadic because of that. Then, some areas there were good deteriorated over time.

Makes for a crazy mix, really. Now, our city fathers and our housing authority have had an agenda to eliminate the bad areas, with some success. Now the ghettos are shifting to Virginia Beach!
Old 06-15-2012, 02:14 PM

^ That was kind of what I was thinking, too. 20+ years ago, when I was in college in Boston, there were places you didn't go after dark as a white suburban kid. I followed that, and never got into trouble.

Sad to hear that about Virginia Beach! Knew a nice girl from there early on in college (not a gf, but a good friend, and a group fo us went down there once. It was a nice place.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Deceased

As a native son of North Carolina, it saddens me to add South Charlotte to the list of dangerous places/cities. When the sun goes down, smart folks either get gone, or get on some Kevlar.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:08 PM

Stlouis Number 3 .... hmmm wouldnt have thought it.

And no you dont want to go into East St.Louis IL Day or Night !

thankfully i am far enuff north of E'Stlouis
Old 06-16-2012, 08:31 AM

The crime is not localized to East St. Louis. Just outside of downtown St. Louis on Washington Ave and that area has a bad reputation. "North City" is in the news every day. That's North St. Louis City.

All the crimes are involving drugs and or alcohol. The mayor of E. St. Louis has refused to put curfews and reasonable closing times on the bars and strip clubs because of the tax revenue generated but recently the state has cracked down on these clubs. They are nothing but fronts for the drug trade and prostitution. St. Louis city has had similar problems.

Most of the crime is black on black and hundreds of youngsters roam the streets of some neighborhoods all night and literally invade shopping malls for one.

Lot's of problems to address but the politicians are just too self centered and ignorant to address the problems directly with curfews and such.

Can't help but noticing that every city listed is a Democrat Stronghold.