The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Music Interest

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
It seems, regardless of what other music we listen to, Pink Floyd is one of the few musical acts we seem to like in common.

@ngelita...too young to have anything in common with a baby-boomer, and remembers that Generation X was a band (class of 1979)
Pink Floyd does have a common interest... I just never think of listening to it when driving...

I usually throw on the Pink Floyd when reclined back in a the big recliner with the surround sound cranked up....

Dark Side of the Moon (one of my favorites!!!)

Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 AM

Im glad we have lots of rock. I guess im into a little more modern punk rock but i have no problem in listening to older rock. From the 80s i like aerosmith, van halen, and bon jovi.I do not like the country stuff bon jovi is doing now thought. In the 90s i guess i would say nirvana.I really dont like hardly anything from the 90s.Anyway im glad to see we have lots of rock.I can listen to only a few country songs that i think are good. A couple from kenny chesney is about it.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:44 AM

Does anyone like paramore? I like this band it has just recently gone mainstream. My favorite is punk rock so if anyone needs some suggestions for some good punk rock songs. I dont listen to heavy punk rock just the more pop punk rock.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:00 AM

Turning rebellion into money

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
Pink Floyd does have a common interest... I just never think of listening to it when driving...
I usually throw on the Pink Floyd when reclined back in a the big recliner with the surround sound cranked up....
Dark Side of the Moon (one of my favorites!!!)
It's a 425+ mile trip one-way from Berkeley to the OC (425+ miles) and would always listen to PF. Made the 6-7 hour drive easier to do...

Originally Posted by Steelcity
Does anyone like paramore? I like this band it has just recently gone mainstream. My favorite is punk rock so if anyone needs some suggestions for some good punk rock songs. I dont listen to heavy punk rock just the more pop punk rock.
We called it power-pop.
I've been into punk since high school back in the 70's (other choice was disco ). I spent most of my teen years at the Whiskey a go-go seeing bands and used to live in England back in the very early 80's. I love old-school UK punk rock. Alas, I sold almost all my old vinyl to pay for school back in the early 90's, but still have a few treasured albums.

I can burn you a cd of old school punk if you want.

@ngelita...remembers the days of burning mix-tape's for friends!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Songman
I say it a different way. A lot of rock in the 70s would be called country now.

But a lot of country now - well, it should be called pop now because that is what it is. But there is more money in country so they wrap it up and call it country.
Interesting I always had the same opinion on how the country label has been applied to artists and songs. Then there was the Brother ( I forget his name) from Tenessee, that did a country rap tune several years ago.

Currently on my Sansa 2GB in the HHR:
The Allman Brothers
Early Doobie Brothers
Dick Dale
The Mighty Bosstonians
David Lindley (El Rayo X)
Insane Clown Posse,
Long Beach Dub Allstars
System of a Down
Rage in the Machine
Al Dimeola
Old 08-13-2008, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Steelcity
I dont listen to heavy punk rock just the more pop punk rock.

I guess the closest to punk that I like is the Ramones...
Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Dick Dale
Oh yes!!!

Seen him in person a number of times!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 AM

my driving music when i want to go fast is usually something like nickelback, motley crue, or finger 11. certain music just makes me put the pedal to the metal
Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Class of 82 here... and we're not getting old. I'd rather be me right now than at any other time in my life. Life is great!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by masterchief1112
my driving music when i want to go fast is usually something like nickelback, motley crue, or finger 11. certain music just makes me put the pedal to the metal
"Kick Start My Heart" and "Can't Drive 55" always cause me problems with my speed...

Quick Reply: Music Interest