The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

My 2008 Lancer

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by O6ChevyHHR
Thank you everyone, I wanted an HHR when I first saw the concept years back, My dad was going to get me one but he thought it was stupid for him to buy me a new car and do so many mods to it example two tone paint, drop springs, intake, wheels/tires, soundsystem. That's why he bought me the lancer it has a Full body kit, stock 18's , Paddle Shifters!! Only things I need with the lancer is my 2 12's and some tint, which I am going to get tuseday. I post on here becasue I am respected by alot of people on this fourm, some even came down to meet up with me in FL SindyDix came down to see me from Caili, I guess its like an extended family to me, I get respect because I take a lot of crap and I DON't pay attention to it I just go on with life that makes me, me...... Anything else,,,
Spoken like a mature young man!
Old 06-17-2007, 08:31 PM

Congratulations. Very nice looking car. I really like the color. Now drive it sensibly and keep you and the others around you safe.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by billbeau
Is there any bets on how long before Jr gets his first ticket or when he has his first crash?

Yeah, because it's so funny when kids get into their first crash, you know? It was SOOOO funny when I got into my first crash and tore up my hip and knee along with the oh-so-funny front-to-back concussion. Not to mention the light addiction to the painkillers that were prescribed to me when I was just 17. Ah, yes, that was funny...

06 is respected around here because when people rag on him for changing his mind about, well, everything, he doesn't throw it back at 'em. If you don't understand, that's cool. Making jokes about car crashes, not so much.

06, I dig the car, just wish it was American. Anyway, enjoy it and watch out for the people around you. Neither of my two collisions were caused by me, but rather people around me doing stupid things. Drive defensively and commit to your actions. It will save your life.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:01 AM

So daddy bought you this car. Enough said.

Hey hhrcrafty,

The smiley was not to say an accident is funny but to say I was joking!

Im 51 and never been involved in a accident not even as a passenger until about 4 years ago. I was driving my big rig to the Moscone Center in SF to pickup some trade show gear for a company. As I was doing a special maneuver to get in some lady thought she could squeeze between me and the sidewalk to get around me. By the time she came out of my blind spot it was too late. She had two wheels up on the curb and was trying to get around my front end by swerving in the driveway I was trying to get into. Needless to say she lost against a 80,000lb truck. No one was hurt and I was sure pissed as it ruined my perfect record of no accidents ever!

After I cooled off I just laughed at her for being so stupid.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Ern

So did dad buy the car? The gas and insurance too, oh and plates?? Jesus, Id tell my kid to get a damn job, thats what my parents told me when I was that age.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:02 AM

I am paying gas and insurance
Old 06-18-2007, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by karen1953
Well said and the spelling shows a lot of thought.
When is Graduation? Next year or did you forget to send notice to NEMO?

I have one more year till that, why you want to come????
Old 06-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by billbeau
So daddy bought you this car. Enough said.

Hey hhrcrafty,

The smiley was not to say an accident is funny but to say I was joking!
Yeah, I understand. Car accidents are just fun to joke about, especially if you've never been hurt in one.

BTW, who cares if his Dad bought him the car? If I had the money, I'd love to buy my kids a brand new car. Probably wouldn't do it unless they had their head on straight, but I get the feeling that 06 probably does. Gas and insurance alone these days is a big enough responsibility no matter what car he gets!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:54 PM

I've drove one just like that. I like the car, just engine is weak. (coming from another 4cly owner , like 175 hp is any). The lancer drives very good.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Congrats on the new car Mike. It's nice to see you're taking the ribbing from other members in stride too. It doesn't matter who bought the car...and I'm glad to hear you're paying insurance and gas...that's a chunk of change right there for a young man like you.

Have fun and enjoy your new car.

Quick Reply: My 2008 Lancer