The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006 | 09:35 PM

I'm gonna bet that Mikey and Dale get the #88 from RYR. RYR resurrects the 28 for the (old) 88 team. Though it will be strange not seeing the Texaco star on the hood of a 28.

Glad to see theres a NASCAR thread here. My favorite drivers are Mikey (since 1987), Harvick ( I was at his first Busch win in St Louis), Robby Gordon and Tony Stewart (these two have so much Dale Sr in them they should be collecting royalties from the #3 collectibles sales), and of course Dale Jr 'cause I loved his pop so much.

Hated to see Jeffy win today (Chi-town).
Old 07-09-2006 | 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Hit and run He booted him out of the way...but it's really a non-issue in my book because Matt ran out of gas and wouldn't have won anyway.

Jeffy was just warming up for the next Bristol race. These are stock cars and rubbing is racing. Right? It is in my book. I'm no 24 fan but Kenseth whines too much, he admitted he wasn't gunna win the race. Oh well, where we going next week?
Old 07-09-2006 | 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
Jeffy was just warming up for the next Bristol race. These are stock cars and rubbing is racing. Right? It is in my book. I'm no 24 fan but Kenseth whines too much, he admitted he wasn't gunna win the race. Oh well, where we going next week?
I agree, stock racing for good old boys was bump and run. If that cant handle the heat, get off the track.......
Old 07-09-2006 | 09:53 PM

to our NASCAR thread. Glad to see another fan join us here.

I'm a DJ fan, first and foremost, with Tony running a very close 2nd. I like them all for the most part, because I respect what they do and the enjoyment they provide me on race weekend.

As far as DJ retaining the 88...I kinda doubt that. Don't think Robert Yates is going to give up the owners points for 2007, unless he hires someone to replace DJ that he knows can make the first 5 races without having to fall back on this years owner points. Who knows, maybe he'll cut loose of the 28 and let MWR have it to put DJ in...since he did begin is RYR career in that number subbing for the injured Ernie Irvan. Really think some of these teams need to cut loose of some of these car numbers, with the exception of the #3.

Not sure if you've run through the whole thread, so in case you haven't, you might want to check out my Dale Earnhardt Tribute Page. Be forewarned though...some parts are very intense and it has alot of graphics and music. As a fan of the man...let me know what you think.
Old 07-11-2006 | 09:51 AM

It's good to see a little #3 in #24 he was "just rattlin' his cage!!!"
I miss some of the good old days of racing like the "Intimidator".
# 17 are you cryin'? "there's no crying in Nascar".
Old 07-11-2006 | 09:54 AM

Have you folks seen that Rousch Racing is trying to recruit Danika Patrick to NASCAR next year? Her IRL contract is up at the end of this year. Wow, talk about getting some press attention. That would be a media dream.
Old 07-11-2006 | 10:00 AM

NASCAR! I knew I liked you folks! I can decide if it is a coincidence or not that all of my favorite drivers are named Dale and so am I. Been a Dale Jarrett fan forever, as well as Dale Earnhardt. Jr ain't his daddy but I still like him and hope he will grow into his name. Since country music and NASCAR go so well together I have been lucky to get to meet and hang out with a lot of the drivers and teams. All a great bunch of guys!

I am no Harvick fan, and now that I have lived in his hometown for 4 years I am amazed that no one here seems to be either. You'd think you would see his name plastered all over the place but it ain't happening. I guess seeing that the Mears family is from here too they figure they should only brag about one name in racing.
Old 07-11-2006 | 10:05 AM

I hope Danika comes over to Nascar!
I also wish that Fox could have all the races, Benny Parsons doesn't have a clue some times. With 13 to go he says #24 will never catch #17. and he was on his tail with five to go.
Last year Fords dominated the 1 1/2 mile tracks, Sunday there was not a Ford in the top ten.
Old 07-11-2006 | 10:11 AM

Songman, I was a huge fan of Dale Sr and I was at the Atlanta race when Harvick won his first race after taking over the ride. Very emotional win. Nothing like a bunch of rednecks in a big group hug crying.
Old 07-11-2006 | 10:13 AM

I wouldn't mind if Danika came over the NASCAR. I just hope the media doesn't put her in the spotlight like they have other female drivers who have taken their shot at the sport. I think that's what puts too much pressure on them to perform well.

Of course, I wonder what Robby Gordon will have to say about her coming over to NASCAR.

Quick Reply: Nascar