The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006 | 07:24 PM

boy have not posted in this thread in awhile ! lots of talking, thanks to Deb for her weekly insight and links to news !

being a Jr & Sr fan, I'd love to see Jr drive the #3 but only after he wins the whole can of worms first and is on his way out of driving in NASCAR (got a few more great years before that happens)

Toyota...who cares, the sport has changed so much in the past 5 years, IMO its a non-issue now...

Spencer...a guy ya love to hate but respect....if he played hockey he'd be one of those goon types, always starting fights !

NBC/TNT or FOX/FX....yes NBC/TNT is done after this year (hope ABC/ESPN brings back some of its glory days) and Benny for the most part seems like he has no clue, I don't mind Wally much (the guy says whats on his mind no holds bar). as for FOX/FX yes DW is on the ball compared to Benny but I just get tired listening to him most races. 2 years ago I signed up for the INdemand In Car broadcasts and I watched almost every race looking through Dale Jr's window with the network broadcast on my picture in picture, it was fun listening to the engine noise and to JR and the spotter or Tony Jr talking about stuff not even related to the race while his going 180mph...not sure why I have not signed up the past two years

this weeks race in NHIS....although the tracks is like 2 hrs from my house, I don't like going to the summer NH race, its always so freaking hot, and this weekend will be no exception, forcasts are saying 95-100....the fall race is a tad cooler ! and its also the 1st race in the chase ! anyway this Sunday I'll be at the Kenny Chesney concert in Foxboro Ma...looking forward to Big and Rich's set ! already set the Tivo for the race !
Old 07-11-2006 | 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by m0rie
Count me in as a #24 and #48 fan. Jeff and Jimmy rock!
to our NASCAR corner at chevyhhr.net Glad to see more people hopping on over here to talk something else besides HHR. Just kidding...
Old 07-11-2006 | 08:12 PM

Hey Songman

Tell your Friend to email me his resume. I will get it in the right hands at JKS.
We need to hire a couple of show car drivers for the Toyota/UPS deal. That will be 3 new cars, as well as 3 new drivers. But we could use a man now, so tell him to send it ASAP. I have drivers that live a far away as Atlanta.

Just tell him to label the email as 'Driver Resume'

Mark
tiny@jksmotorsports.com
Old 07-11-2006 | 08:20 PM

Thanks Mark, I just called and left him a message to call me. That would be fitting for him to end up hauling UPS. When I met him he was hauling Jarrett cars around. The very first time I met him he had the Batman and Joker cars at a Ford dealership in Nashville. I know he would be thrilled to get back into a NASCAR ride and quit the basketball stuff. His name is Steve Hands so watch out for his resume soon. Thanks!
Old 07-11-2006 | 08:28 PM

You from Nashville? I love that city. Your Bio says Bakersfeild, I have a few friend out that way. Fellow who builds my ATV engine for me, Curtis Sparks. Harvicks Mom and Dad still live in Oiltown(spl may be off) visited them once there.
Old 07-11-2006 | 08:35 PM

Oildale... I mentioned Merle Haggard earlier. I used to travel with him. He is from Oildale too. I've only been here about 4 years. When country started going pop in Nashville I decided to take a break from it and come out here where Merle and Buck started to check out the scene. There is no scene here but I ended up meeting a girl and getting married. I'm originally from North GA but spent about 10 years in Nashville before coming out here. We're gonna head back that way within the next couple of years.

My wife's family is friends with the Mears. Her dad has been friends with Rick's dad for ages. It was kinda cool to me to meet them since I have an 84 Indy Pace Car Fiero and Rick won the race that year. They tore down the Mesa Marin track last year to build more subdivision. Luckily Fontana is not far away though.
Old 07-11-2006 | 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by KY Dave
OH YEAH. I think that NASCAR should look at NBC's so-called "broadcasters" and the 4.5 minute average between commercials. It ruins it for me.
I'd love to see nascar goto the side by side commercial breaks that they are using in F1 racing. Nothing sucks more than getting your commercials interrupted by a race breaking out...
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:23 PM

Songman, I had an exgirl frien that sang with Dwight Yoakam at talent shows down here in the L. A. area.
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:25 PM

mOrie, I've seen IRL with the side by side commercial not F1 where did you see them?
Old 07-11-2006 | 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by ivtech
mOrie, I've seen IRL with the side by side commercial not F1 where did you see them?
Doh! You got me. IRL is where its at not F1...glad one of us is paying attention. I'd still like to see nascar do the same thing because missing out on the race because they have to show commercials every 10 seconds pretty much bites.

Quick Reply: Nascar