The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006 | 11:40 PM

I agree for ALL racing. I also want all racing in HD.
Old 07-12-2006 | 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by ivtech
Songman, I had an exgirl frien that sang with Dwight Yoakam at talent shows down here in the L. A. area.
That's pretty cool. I like Dwight. It takes a lot for an Ohio boy to put the Bakersfield Sound back into the limelight but he did it well. But then, Buck was from Texas and he helped make it huge to start with. Merle is about the only one who was actually born here. I don't get to L.A. much but they do have a pretty good underground country music scene down there.
Old 07-12-2006 | 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
to our NASCAR thread. Glad to see another fan join us here.

I'm a DJ fan, first and foremost, with Tony running a very close 2nd. I like them all for the most part, because I respect what they do and the enjoyment they provide me on race weekend.

As far as DJ retaining the 88...I kinda doubt that. Don't think Robert Yates is going to give up the owners points for 2007, unless he hires someone to replace DJ that he knows can make the first 5 races without having to fall back on this years owner points. Who knows, maybe he'll cut loose of the 28 and let MWR have it to put DJ in...since he did begin is RYR career in that number subbing for the injured Ernie Irvan. Really think some of these teams need to cut loose of some of these car numbers, with the exception of the #3.

Not sure if you've run through the whole thread, so in case you haven't, you might want to check out my Dale Earnhardt Tribute Page. Be forewarned though...some parts are very intense and it has alot of graphics and music. As a fan of the man...let me know what you think.
If Yates released the #88 he'd retain the owner's points and could use them with the new number, 28 or whatever, as the team would still be intact.

I think the 3 ought to be raced. I'm as a big of a Dale fan as anyone but unlike team sports who retire numbers NASCAR only has so (few) many numbers available. 00-09 and 1-99. That's it...for now. If NASCAR and the promoters revised the scoring towers the teams could go back to three-digit numbers.

The first driver to bring back the 3 into Cup? Ricky Rudd. RCR's first win with the 3 was with Rudd. Then Rudd hands the wheel over to Jr., Ricky says goodbye into his (permanent) retirement and Junebug wins the title that season.
Old 07-12-2006 | 11:35 AM

Mikey mentioned this website on TV last week. I went to look around, and it has some pretty good info. Give it a try.

www.jayski.com
Old 07-12-2006 | 05:00 PM

m0rie - Couldn't agree with you more on side by side during races. Loved how they did it for the Indy 500...still had to endure commercials, but at least you didn't miss the race. Only thing I can figure is because of the big $$$ sponsors spend with NASCAR, they want to take up the whole friggin screen so we not sidetracked by the action on the track.

57HHR....that would be great if Yates would release the 88. Forgot the top 35 in owner points is about car owner points...not car number points. Would be the same deal as the 97 being the 26 this year. Put another mark on the wall for the dinghy blonde.

KYDave - Where have you been my man? That's been the home page on my computer for years. Lots of great info there...especially since Jayski moved to North Carolina several years ago. That site is his full time job and has been for years and is sponsored by some pretty big names.
Old 07-12-2006 | 05:04 PM

Scenedaily.com News 7/12/06

Old 07-12-2006 | 06:28 PM

KYDave - Where have you been my man? That's been the home page on my computer for years. Lots of great info there...especially since Jayski moved to North Carolina several years ago. That site is his full time job and has been for years and is sponsored by some pretty big names. [/QUOTE]

Hell, I thought I was a NASCAR fan. I had never heard of it. I must live a sheltered life. It's my age, yeah that's what it is.....my age.
Old 07-12-2006 | 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by KY Dave
Hell, I thought I was a NASCAR fan. I had never heard of it. I must live a sheltered life. It's my age, yeah that's what it is.....my age.
Age...my foot I'm only 6 years younger than you. Well, now you can make a new home page. Don't worry too much...the sites Born On Date is 8/26/96, so it's only been around almost 10 years.

Last edited by courthousedeb; 07-13-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2006 | 07:56 PM

It CANT be an age thing!

No one here is old, cant be. You know you're old when you start having dry dreams and wet farts.

Least I've been told.
Old 07-12-2006 | 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by KY Dave
KYDave - Where have you been my man? That's been the home page on my computer for years. Lots of great info there...especially since Jayski moved to North Carolina several years ago. That site is his full time job and has been for years and is sponsored by some pretty big names.
Hell, I thought I was a NASCAR fan. I had never heard of it. I must live a sheltered life. It's my age, yeah that's what it is.....my age. [/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it Dave, I had to have Jayski pointed out to me to by a another fan. (but that was 7 years ago) Anyone with a picture of their HHR on track at Bristol is a fan in my book.

Quick Reply: Nascar