The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006 | 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Drazic
It CANT be an age thing!

No one here is old, cant be. You know you're old when you start having dry dreams and wet farts.

Least I've been told.

Now that is just too much information.
Old 07-12-2006 | 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
Hell, I thought I was a NASCAR fan. I had never heard of it. I must live a sheltered life. It's my age, yeah that's what it is.....my age.
Don't worry about it Dave, I had to have Jayski pointed out to me to by a another fan. (but that was 7 years ago) Anyone with a picture of their HHR on track at Bristol is a fan in my book. [/quote]

Would this qualify?

Wish we could have hooked up there Dave. Always next year though!
Old 07-12-2006 | 11:22 PM

I have always been a Sterling Marlin fan. I really wish he could catch a break once in a while!!!!
Old 07-12-2006 | 11:35 PM

I like Sterling...especially the way he talks. He's had a run of bad luck this year for sure. One thing I'll never forget is when he got out of his car that year at the Daytona 500 under red and was pulling on his fender. That was way too funny...too bad they caught him though.
Old 07-12-2006 | 11:37 PM

Updates from Jayski.com

New stuff on Jayski.com

Montoya could debut at Michigan or Calif in a stock car UPDATE: Juan Pablo Montoya has suddenly become the hottest property in NASCAR, and folks at Michigan International Speedway would like to make the former Formula One star at home there as soon as possible. MIS management contacted Montoya's new race team, Chip Ganassi Racing, on Tuesday to invite the Colombian to run both the ARCA Re/Max and Busch Grand National races at the Irish Hills track during the Nextel Cup weekend in August. Bill Janitz, MIS public relations director, confirmed contact with Chip Ganassi Racing. "We would be proud to welcome back an MIS champion in August, perhaps in an ARCA or Busch race, or both," Janitz said. Montoya is booked to drive the #42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge, which Casey Mears will vacate, in 2007. As a NASCAR rookie, Montoya may need to have gained superspeedway stock car experience before he would likely be allowed to start in the Daytona 500, the first race of the series next season. He could do that at MIS Aug. 18-19, or at California in September or Talladega in October. "Michigan is big, fast and wide," Janitz said. "It would make a lot of sense for Montoya to race here next month. He knows the track and he's a winner at MIS."(Detroit Free Press)
UPDATE: Juan Pablo Montoya is no longer competing in Formula One, but when he will start driving in NASCAR for Chip Ganassi Racing is still to be determined. Team owner Chip Ganassi said Wednesday he has not received the details of Montoya's release from his McLaren-Mercedes ride in F1, and he does not know when the 30-year-old Colombia will be allowed to test and/or race. The owner said he hoped to have Montoya in a car by the middle of August.(SceneDaily.com)(7-12-006)

Gordon/Montoya Tradin' Paint Special to be re-aired: The wheels of Juan Pablo Montoya's move to NASCAR may have been put into motion on SPEED back in June of 2003 in the network special, Tradin' Paint. The Columbian Formula One star, and then driver for Frank Williams' factory BMW operation, swapped vehicles with Jeff Gordon and his Hendrick Motorsports #24 DuPont Chevrolet NASCAR Nextel Cup Series entry at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. On Friday night, July 14, SPEED will once again air Tradin' Paint at 10:30pm/et, immediately following a replay of Nextel Cup Series qualifying from New Hampshire International Speedway in Loudon.(Speed Channel PR)(7-12-2006)
Old 07-12-2006 | 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I like Sterling...especially the way he talks. He's had a run of bad luck this year for sure. One thing I'll never forget is when he got out of his car that year at the Daytona 500 under red and was pulling on his fender. That was way too funny...too bad they caught him though.

That was a classic!! I was upset that he didn't win that one, but it sure was a good bit of entertainment!!
Old 07-13-2006 | 04:58 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
...the sites Born On Date is 8/26/06, so it's only been around almost 10 years.

8/26/06 has not arrived yet.
Old 07-13-2006 | 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Drazic
It CANT be an age thing!

No one here is old, cant be. You know you're old when you start having dry dreams and wet farts.

Least I've been told.
UH OH
Old 07-13-2006 | 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
8/26/06 has not arrived yet.
Oops
Old 07-16-2006 | 01:29 PM

Let's go racing folks!!! Short tracking at New Hampshire.

Note to those who may not have heard...this is the first time Patty Petty has been back to this track since Adam was killed here in 2000. Glad to hear she's back...it certainly takes courage. We love you Patty and understand your pain.

Also...am I the only one who is tired of hearing about the Gordon/Kenseth fiasco? Geez louise...enough already...let it die and let's see something else besides Bristol and Chicago replays a zillion times. There's got to be more news than just that.

Quick Reply: Nascar