The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006 | 05:35 PM
Deceased

and Kyle won,,, hmmmmmmmmmm
Old 07-16-2006 | 06:00 PM

Yea...that little spud one. Was a pretty wild race and not good at all for Tony "Smoke" Stewart because of Newman wreckin him. But that's ok...he got taken out too later and finished behind Tony. And poor Dale Jr with blown engine. Very weird race today...but that's short tracks for ya.
Old 07-16-2006 | 06:02 PM

My favorite part of the weekend was hearing that Tony Stewart has donated another million dollars to Victory Juction Gang. Way to go Tony I support VJG every chance I get. I'm glad people like Tony donate the big bucks.
Old 07-16-2006 | 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
My favorite part of the weekend was hearing that Tony Stewart has donated another million dollars to Victory Juction Gang. Way to go Tony I support VJG every chance I get. I'm glad people like Tony donate the big bucks.
That's definitely a GREAT thing. Tony may be considered one of the "bad boys" of NASCAR...but his heart is in the right place and he loves doing things for charity. The Victory Junction Gang camp is very special to the NASCAR community and the families whose sick children are able to attend each year. Way to go Tony!!!
Old 07-16-2006 | 07:10 PM

I interested to see what Mikey has to say 'bout poking Robby's backside. I must have missed something (in this years race) between those two.

My fantasy team took a whippin' with Jr and Smoke finishing so low.

Next stop The Pennsylvania Triangle...
Old 07-17-2006 | 01:06 PM

I don't even want to see my fantasy team results for this week, I don't think I had a top 10, YIKES

VJC - I donate to the VJC alot myself, most of the time as a gift for a friend...the 1st time I did was as a Wedding gift for a old friend who requested no gifts....when he received the letter about the donation he called me up to tell me it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen...now he donates to it every year on his anniversary...and he is not a NASCAR fan at all !

Old 07-20-2006 | 05:50 PM

SceneDaily News - 7/20/06

Sadler granted release from RYR at season's end

Things should get very interesting at RYR. Now both Sadler & Jarrett have bailed.

Johnson not counting Stewart out of Chase
Wise move on his part.

Darrell Waltrip thinks he can win Busch race
Sorry...couldn't help myself.

Qualifying: Nextel Cup Series Pennsylvania 500
Friday, July 21
3:30 p.m. Speed

Practice: Nextel Cup Series Pennsylvania 500
Saturday, July 22
11 a.m. Speed

Busch Series Goody's 250
Saturday, July 22
3:30 p.m. NBC

Nextel Cup Series Pennsylvania 500
Sunday, July 23
1:30 p.m. TNT

All time Eastern. Times and station subject to change.
Old 07-21-2006 | 11:29 AM

Beyond The Wheel - New Hampshire

Did any of you catch this weeks episode of Beyond The Wheel on Speed? There was a part in it where Kyle Busch was talking on the radio and said "Tell that 2 car, he's an idiot. That was definitely a chuckle.
Old 07-23-2006 | 08:27 AM

Notable News From Jayski.com 7/23/06

Some interesting articles on this page.
http://www.jayski.com/pages/stories.htm

Tried linking to separate stories, but feature not working this morning...at least not on this reply.
Old 07-25-2006 | 08:22 PM

Tony Stewart's Hearse On Unique Whips

Stewart's Hearse Makeover to be featured on Unique Whips: Tony Stewart and his now famous 1984 Cadillac Brougham hearse will be the main subject of an upcoming Unique Whips mini marathon Aug. 2, starting at 8:00pm/et on Speed Channel. This Unique Whips mini marathon will focus on New York-based Unique Autosports' build and unveiling of the Indiana resident's unusual ride. The three one-hour shows begin with a reprise of the original delivery to Unique Autosports owner Will Castro, as he attended Stewart's dramatic victory during last year's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Two new episodes will then journey SPEED viewers through the tricking out and presentation of Stewart's well-publicized custom whip. "We had never done a build like this," Castro said. "We're always taking cars that are worth $100 thousand and up - making them unique. This was the first time we'd taken a $1.99 'hoopty' and turned it into a $100 thousand whip." Stewart was pleased with the results. "Will (Castro) and the crew did a great job with my hearse," Stewart said. "Both Will and I knew it was going to be quite a project, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. As usual, Will assembled a great crew to work on the car and it's why I've always trusted Unique Autosports to complete builds like this. I hope the fans enjoy the makeover as much as I enjoy the car.(Speed Channel PR)(7-25-2006)

Quick Reply: Nascar