The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006 | 10:21 AM

Good race last night...nice win for Kevin Harvick in the Busch Series race. If last night is any indication of how tonights race will be (less the rain delays, of course)...I'm ready to race.
Old 05-06-2006 | 10:47 AM

24 is my car. Jeff Gordan is o.k in my book. Not sure, but was there not an HHR done with his paint scheme? My buddy work's for Nextel(sprint). I was at the the race last night, tonight should be even better.
Old 05-06-2006 | 11:33 AM

Nascar

I really think that they are going to hurt the sport alot by letting Toyota race . Nascar has already been hurt by expanding and leaving behind the traditional tracks. Oh , by the way I like Mark Martin. We are both from Arkansas!
Old 05-06-2006 | 12:41 PM

Love NASCAR but getting tired of all the BS, its all about the $ now. The drivers can not even show their personalities or they get fined or in trouble(kinda like captain howdy LOL) Still follow the sport but I am afraid as long as they keep making the obscene amounts of money and the fan base keeps growing NASCAR is going to lose touch with the good old days and I feel that is not good. Do not even get me started about toyota and I am a huge number 8 fan!
Old 05-07-2006 | 11:49 AM

Great Race last night...Dale Jr breaks his 27 race dry spell !!!

as for the sport getting to fine happy, well they are tring to be a family sport and personally I see nothing wrong with holding the drivers to a higher standard...although I was not happy when Jr had a slip of the tonge after his last 'Dega win and lost 25 points I still had to agree with NASCAR (now everytime I watch Jr get interview I can't help myself, I'm always going "now watch your mouth Dale...")

I can't even watch someother sports because of the "personalities", bastketball for one, the last time I watched a complete game was the last time the Celts won the championship....Football lost me for awhile but heck the Pats won 3 superbowls in 4 years how could I not watch Hockey blew it with the strike and its lost so much, I was a diehard hockey fan, I rather go see high school game over the pros....

baseball, well it's baseball and I'm a red sox fan...I'm already damage for life, thanks god they won one in my life time...

oh I miss the old days of NASCAR, the beating and the banging, I remember watching the 1st Dayton 500 complete broadcast on CBS (I think) with the big fight at the end... Dale sr got me hooked big time, but his death did change how the sport is run now...safety is a big issue, not just how the cars are but how the drivers are allowed to race, the sport could not handle another death of a big named star so they had to stop the aggresive driving and fines plus taking away points can work but sitting down a driver for a race would not IMO....
Old 05-07-2006 | 12:29 PM

^^^I like what you said about NASCAR. Losing Dale has really changed the sport, but alot of it was necessary, especially all the safety features. I'm sure if he was still with us things might be a little different...but I doubt it. As things grow, they are bound to change and that's what NASCAR is doing. It's fun to go back and watch races from years gone by and see how differently things were back then.

As for Toyota coming into the sport...at first I was against it...but the more I thought about it...the more it makes sense to me. Toyota may have originated as a foreign car manufacturer, but alot of them are made here in the United States now. If we really want to split hairs on the matter the HHR may be a Chevrolet which is an American manufacturer...but they are made in Mexico. I say bring it on...it will fun to see how they perform against the others. Besides...my driver Dale Jarrett appears to be headed to Toyota and I'm gonna follow him no matter where he goes until he retires.

Congratulations to Dale Jr and his Budweiser team. Great win last night.
Old 05-08-2006 | 08:28 AM

Toyota: Deb's point of following Dale Jarrett to his new ride (if that happens) is what NASCAR is planning on/hoping for, if big name drivers head to a toyota ride all will be well...so far it seems to be OK for the trucks....
Old 05-13-2006 | 12:18 PM

There use to be 5 engine makers in the IRL, now there is only one..Honda!!
Hope the same thing doesn't happen in Nascar....With the constant rule changes, it's getting to be like an IROC race every weekend. Very disappointed.
Old 05-13-2006 | 12:25 PM

Love NASCAR. Went to the snowstorm in Bristol this year, and headed to Phoenix in November. Dale Jr. is my favorite, but I pull for anybody but Gordan and Johnson.
Old 05-13-2006 | 12:27 PM

It's Official - Dale Jarrett to Toyota 2007/2008

Michael Waltrip and Dale Jarrett made it official today during NASCAR Live on Speed. Dale Jarrett will be driving for Michael Waltrip Racing for 2007/2008 and he will continue to work with them beyond the end of his driving career. Being a huge Dale Jarrett fan, I am happy for him and the new turn he is taking in his career. I will follow him to the Toyota camp and wish him all the luck in the world. I will post official links when I see them as it's not in print online at the moment.

Quick Reply: Nascar