The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006 | 09:30 PM

Your right, wonder what they did inside.
Old 07-25-2006 | 09:56 PM

HERE is an article that goes into some of the audio that went into the car. Sounds like it's quite the system. Check out the pictures too.
Old 07-26-2006 | 04:33 PM

Benny Parsons

Just got an email from SceneDaily.com with some very sad news. Benny Parsons has been diagnosed with lung cancer. To read more about it, click on the link below. Please keep Benny and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Benny Parsons undergoing lung cancer treatment
Old 07-27-2006 | 09:42 AM

News From Jayski

Unleaded Fuel debuts at Gateway: NASCAR will take its first major step toward switching to unleaded fuel this weekend when the Busch Series cars will run it at St. Louis. The Busch cars will have unleaded fuel for the next four races. The change has created extra work for the engine builders. "We've had to do a lot of work with the valve-face coating," said Chris Robinson, who overseas the Busch engine program at Roush Yates Racing. "The lead in the leaded fuel worked as a lubricant on the valve train, so we've had to go back and make sure the valve coatings will compensate for the unleaded fuel." (My comments...I'm surprised this wasn't done years ago.)

Steve Wallace plans full Busch season in 2007: Steve Wallace said this week that he plans to run the entire NASCAR Busch Series next season, as well as eight more Busch races this year and a handful of ARCA events as well. “I am going to run full time for next year, so (I’m) real excited about that,” Wallace said. The youngster, who drives for this famous father, Rusty, said how he does at the track also sets his mood at home. “Well, when you run bad or when you run good it just all depends,” Steve Wallace said. “Mom is real big on cooking. We have dinner every night. We sit down at the table and talk about stuff. So if I run bad and look like an idiot, he (Rusty) makes me feel like one. But if I run good, I'll kind of the superstar at the house. So it's definitely a real mood-setting-type deal.” (My comments...the kid sucks and the only reason he has a ride is because of his father)

Update on Benny Parsons
Parsons is an analyst on NBC and TNT's coverage of NASCAR NEXTEL Cup racing and hosts "Fast Talk with Benny Parsons" on the Performance Racing Network. He plans to continue his duties with NBC/TNT and PRN throughout his treatment. "Everyone I work with has been gracious and accommodating," said Parsons. "I plan to keep on talking about racing for as long as I can." Friends and fans wishing to send words of encouragement to Parsons can do so by e-mailing him at bp@goprn.com or on a special message board at NASCAR.com.(Turner Sports/NBC Sports/PRN PR)(7-26-2006) (My comments...thoughts and prayers to Benny and his family...we love ya man)
Old 07-28-2006 | 12:04 AM

Black Flag Tony

Old 07-28-2006 | 12:28 AM
Deceased

Aviation fuel has a lot of lead, more than any other gas because of the cooling capabilities for the engine

the 100 LL or low lead has quite a bit more lead in it than car gas

we had to get stc's for using car gas in cropdusters. we used it cuase it was inexpensive. avgas now is running $4 to 4.50 and higher.

you could get aviation fuel in 130 octane and racers used to come buy it from us for drag racing and dirt track
Old 07-30-2006 | 10:26 PM

Thumbs up Dale Jr. TV Appearances

Here's a couple appearances Dale Jr will be making this week on televison.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will be on the show Payback on August 9th on SpeedTV. By the way, he will be "paying back" his sister. It will air several different times, so be sure to tape or DVR it if you're interested.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is scheduled to be the first NASCAR driver to appear as an in-studio guest on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", the Emmy Award-winning news program. Dale Jr. will appear Thursday, August 10. The show airs at 11:00pm/et and repeats throughout the following day. The Daily Show has featured a broad spectrum of celebrity guests, including political figures, Hollywood stars, and U.S. Presidents.
The appearance on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" will kick off a full night in New York on Aug. 10, as Dale Jr. will then join boxing champion and friend Arturo Gatti at the Budweiser One Night Stand music event at Mulcahy's in Long Island (8:00pm/et). Fans will be able to watch a live webcast of the event by logging onto www.budweiser.com
Old 07-31-2006 | 03:48 PM

News From SceneDaily.com - 7/31/06

Baldwin, Labbe leaving RYR
Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Baldwin rejoining BDR
Well...one already has a new job.

TNT names Weber as announcer for 2007
Just when I thought we had it made.

Racing Indianapolis Style

Practice: Nextel Cup Series Allstate 400
Friday, Aug. 4 3:30 p.m. Speed

Craftsman Truck Series Power Stroke Diesel 200
Friday, Aug. 4 8:30 p.m. Speed

Qualifying: Nextel Cup Series Allstate 400
Saturday, Aug. 5 10 a.m. TNT

Practice: Nextel Cup Series Allstate 400
Saturday, Aug. 5 3:30 p.m. Speed

Qualifying: Busch Series Kroger 200
Saturday, Aug. 5 6 p.m. Speed

Busch Series Kroger 200
Saturday, Aug. 5 9 p.m. TNT

Nextel Cup Series Allstate 400
Sunday, Aug. 6 2 p.m. NBC

All time Eastern. Times and station subject to change.
Old 07-31-2006 | 08:26 PM

Deb, remember our speculation about the #28 and RYR? Gilliland + M&M's + #28= major turnaround for RYR.

Plus it may give Mikey a chance at the #88...
Old 07-31-2006 | 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by '57HHR
Deb, remember our speculation about the #28 and RYR? Gilliland + M&M's + #28= major turnaround for RYR.

Plus it may give Mikey a chance at the #88...
Thats a great theory, it would be cool if Jarrett could keep the car number and UPS. I've also read that Mikey has been working on getting the 44 released from Kyle Petty, don't think that will happen easily.

It would be great to see another young gun in the 28.

Quick Reply: Nascar