The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006 | 03:46 PM

Gordan, jordan, whiney,Gordon whatever, when he wins, we will all know the 24 rules, again! Its all good. Thats why they race. !
Old 09-18-2006 | 09:04 AM

What a shakeup in the Nextel Cup standing. Jimmie Johnson & Kyle Busch take a big hit and Kevin Harvick walks away with the points lead.

Felt bad for Jimmie...first an engine problem then into the wall. Another short track next weekend too.

Thoughts folks?
Old 09-18-2006 | 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
What a shakeup in the Nextel Cup standing. Jimmie Johnson & Kyle Busch take a big hit and Kevin Harvick walks away with the points lead.

Felt bad for Jimmie...first an engine problem then into the wall. Another short track next weekend too.

Thoughts folks?

BUT...Kevin's car had trouble in post-race inspection...sounds like some creative engineering may get them in trouble.
Old 09-18-2006 | 01:46 PM

I saw that at Jayski.com...but apparently it won't be cause for point deduction or fines. Here's what's posted at jayski.com

Issue with #29 and #31 cars after race at NHIS: FoxSports/Speed's Bob Dilner reports: have learned that there was an issue with the winning car of #29-Kevin Harvick and also his teammate, #31-Jeff Burton, in postrace tech [at New Hampshire Intl Speedway in the Cup race]. That issue surrounded the actual [wheel] rim of the race car. The team apparently manipulated that rim to act as a bleeder valve to release air pressure from that rim. In English, it was performance advantage for the RCR team. Now, it was not against anything in the rule book so there won't be any fines or points penalties later on this week, but they have been told not to do it again.(more at FoxSports)(
Old 09-19-2006 | 01:57 AM

Was listening to Inside Nextel Cup tonight and it was reported that the entire mess with Kevin Harvick was untrue. More details are posted at Jayski.com on the Cup News page.
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:06 AM

Here is a link to a story on MSNBC
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14896389/
NASCAR, RCR call cheating story ‘sheer fantasy’
Speed TV report led other teams to think Harvick cheated for first win
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:26 PM

Trip Report - Nhis

Wow, that had to be the best race I’ve seen at NHIS….anyway, here is the trip report!

Friday:
Ever have one of those days? well this was that day for me….while I was packing and cleaning the house before I left for the weekend and doing about 15 other things at the same time it seems I misplaced the TICKETS FOR THE RACE…..after tearing the house apart and not finding the tickets we came to the realization that the tickets were gone and it was looking like they somehow got into the trash and now gone at the town dump (it was 1 of the 15 things I was doing)….so we packed the HHR and headed north to NH for the weekend….Friday night we had plans to go see Big and Rich in Gilford NH and it was just the thing I need to forget I lost the race tickets….check out pix of the show….

Saturday:
After a nice breakfast we head to the track in hope to get some tickets a face value or cheaper…while on the way over I call my Friend Martin (who is the owner of the tickets but was not able to go this year) and ask him for the location and tell him what happen. Well Martin could not remember the location so he tells me he is gonna call the track and find out and call me right back. We wanted to know the location because we still planned to sit there (row 36 right on the start/finish line BTW). He calls me back and tells me that if we want we can go to the ticket office and ask for a Sandy and she would re-sell me the tickets, which was a good deal as the weather was great and the crowds would be large which would mean extra tickets might be had to come by at face value. So after 24 hours of hell I was going through I finally felt good and we still could enjoy the weekend (although I was gonna be $400 lighter than I planned)…..so we buy our tickets for the Saturday truck race and I tell the others that I’ll go get the Cup tickets while they check out the trailers for drivers doing signings….I get to the office and ask for Sandy…I introduce myself to her and she says to me “ you really lost them in your house ?” and I tell her I searched high and low and so did my Son, Daughter and Sister and as we spoke so was my brother and my parents (my brother was heading up on Sunday so if he found them at least I’d know I wasn’t losing my mind)….Sandy says to me how sorry she was and that’s a lot of money…I tell her that I lost them and was gonna pay for the replacements myself because it was my sister’s birthday (it really was) and I had to come through for her…Sandy tells me that she will reissue the tickets, so I take out the cash to pay for them…she looks at me and says, “put that away….I’m going to give these to you, but I want you to send me the tickets you lost if you can find them.” Well I was floored and very grateful for her trust in my story, I tell her that I’ll do the best I can to find them but I told her that I feared that they somehow got into the trash and were not in the dump.

Well after thanking her over and over I went looking for my family to tell them the news. As I walked toward them my sister somehow knew what had just happened by the look on my face…you would have thought we won the lottery by the way we were jump around in joy !

So now we went to our seats for the truck race ! on our way we did some shopping :’) at the trailers and saw a few Cup drivers signing, one was Martin Truex Jr and the line was short so we lined up and got some stuffed signed by Martin, and my daughter had Martin and his Rep cracking up when she plopped down her checkered flag sneaker and ask for him to sign it and not to worry it did not smell !.....well the truck race was alright for the most part, the ending was fun to watch, and seeing Johnny Benson take the lead from Kyle Busch was worth the wait ! …. Check out the photos

Sunday:
We were staying at my nephew’s house (which was about 40 minutes from the track) so we could sleep in somewhat before heading to the track for the day….we headed to the track, meeting up with my daughter’s step-dad and half brother (both attending their 1st race) and my Brother….. they all followed me to the track so we could parked next to each other…..after parking, we got our stuff together for the day and headed in….1st stop was up to our seats to drop off our coolers and packs and then to the trailers, we got in to the track at about 9:30 and we got the chance to see a few of the drivers doing signings. Picked up a few more trinkets and some food. The sun was out in full force so we stayed under the stands to keep cool and waited for the pre-race events to start….just as it started, the track lost power and we watched the driver intros without being able to hear who was being introduce….then the prayer was said but again we could not hear it….and then the national anthem which the crowded started to sing, which was very cool as the fly over happened…..then everyone started yell “Gentlemen Start your engines”…..

Well I’m sure you all watched the race, but unless you have the track pass or the in-car cable deal let me tell you I’ve never hear Dale Jr swear so much…Tony Jr on the other hand was replying to Dale like all was well and thing would work out OK…..anyway, here’s the link to even more pix !

Enjoy
Old 09-20-2006 | 12:02 AM

What a wonderful recap. Sorry to hear about the tickets, but I'm glad it all worked out in the end. Loved the pictures, especially the one with Martin and the tennis shoe...that's a scream.

If you want to hear a really funny story...when I went to the Coca Cola 600 last year everything went well...except one thing. I wear dentures and after eating nachos, the bottom ones came loose...ok fine. So, I put them in my fanny pack and when I get back to the campground where we were staying, they were nowhere to be found. Well...it seems, I didn't zip the fanny pack all the way, and they obviously fell out somewhere between my seat and the campground. Went back to the track the next morning on the off chance someone had found them...but no luck, but the track workers sure got a big laugh.

Glad you had a great time. Was good to see Johnny Benson get yet another win this year...he's on a roll for sure. Same thing with Harvick...that guy could very well win both championships.
Old 09-20-2006 | 08:50 AM

Wow...those are some great pictures. Don't you love a day at the race track.
Old 09-20-2006 | 12:05 PM

Those are absolutely wonderful pictures, please tell me a bit about your camera and lenses and such.

Quick Reply: Nascar