The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006 | 10:04 PM

Deb, glad to see your such a big nascar fan. I'm in the nascar group too. Got it bad. Go Jr! You ever make it to the track? Make the short drive to Texas Motor Speedway, you'll love it here.
Old 06-20-2006 | 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
Deb, glad to see your such a big nascar fan. I'm in the nascar group too. Got it bad. Go Jr! You ever make it to the track? Make the short drive to Texas Motor Speedway, you'll love it here.
What NASCAR group? I love forums...I post from time to time on the SpeedTv NASCAR discussion boards. Talk to me TX-HHR

I've got it bad too...I'm a Dale Jarrett fan and also a Tony Stewart fan. Yes, I've been to a couple tracks in the past. Went to the fall race at Richmond in 2000 and last year went to the CocaCola 600 at Lowes Motor Speedway. I also used to go to Busch & Truck races at Pikes Peak International Speedway until ISC bought them out and closed down the track.

I've thought about going to the Texas race and still may do that. Will be sure to let you know when I do. Hear it's a really fast track and from the races I've seen on TV, I'm sure I would love it.
Old 06-20-2006 | 11:26 AM

Hey fellow NASCAR fans...be sure to check out the NASCAR license plate frames that CJ has on the classified board. Chevy racing, Dale Sr & Dale Jr...and you can't beat the price.
Old 06-20-2006 | 10:33 PM

Sory Deb, "group" was the wrong word to use, please replace with "big fan"....

Unless you consider jayski a group.

The racing at TMS is great, the high banks really keep the speeds up. The truck race here two weeks ago wasn't decided until turn four of the last last. Great action! You still got plenty of time to get your tickets for the November race.
Old 06-20-2006 | 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
Sory Deb, "group" was the wrong word to use, please replace with "big fan"....

Unless you consider jayski a group.

The racing at TMS is great, the high banks really keep the speeds up. The truck race here two weeks ago wasn't decided until turn four of the last last. Great action! You still got plenty of time to get your tickets for the November race.
No problem there TX-HHR...I'm a big Jayski fan myself. In fact, it's my home page when I sign on.

I saw that truck race at Texas that you're talking about. Couldn't believe "The Onion" edged out Mike Skinner at the very end. Poor Mike can't buy a break.

I watch all 3 major series, Cup/Busch/Trucks religiously. I will think about trying to make the race this year. Should be going back to work shortly and may not be able to get time off. If I can't come, you can be sure I'll be glued to the TV.
Old 06-21-2006 | 08:54 AM

I'm also a NASCAR nut and DJ is my favorite, but like you I also like Tony and a number of others. Actually it's easier for me to say who I don't like than who I do. I still have to put my DJ front tag on my HHR, hope his new colors next year go with orange like the big brown truck colors do. My other half and I share lawn mowing duties and as I turned the Deere over to him last time and he gassed it up I told him to put in a round of wedge...lol

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I've got it bad too...I'm a Dale Jarrett fan and also a Tony Stewart fan. :
Old 06-21-2006 | 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by cpendlay
I'm also a NASCAR nut and DJ is my favorite, but like you I also like Tony and a number of others. Actually it's easier for me to say who I don't like than who I do. I still have to put my DJ front tag on my HHR, hope his new colors next year go with orange like the big brown truck colors do. My other half and I share lawn mowing duties and as I turned the Deere over to him last time and he gassed it up I told him to put in a round of wedge...lol
Cool...another DJ fan in the midst and a Tony fan to boot as well. So, how do you feel about his move to Toyota? I'm ok with it, as I will follow him no matter where he goes until he retires.

Great story about the lawn mower...really made me chuckle when I read that.

I'll have to put together the collection of Tony Stewart cars I have. My mom was a huge Tony Stewart fan and when she passed away last November, she left the collection to me. I've got about 25 of his cars in 1/24 scale, most of them are Action Elite with opening hood and trunk. His sprint cars, a gold 1/24 Rookie car...and the list goes on.

BTW...here's another little something I think you might like. I used to design animated tags for a NASCAR group and this is one of the things I made from scratch. I still do PSP, I just have so much else going on that I just do it occasionally. Thinking about doing some HHR stuff when I have time to put stuff together. Will keep everyone posted on status of that venture.

Name:  37581937.gif
Views: 59
Size:  146.9 KB
Old 06-21-2006 | 09:52 AM

Well, there's something seriously wrong at Yates and DJ doesnt' have the time to hang around while they take several years to work it out. I also really like Mikey and DW so having Mikey and DJ on the same team pleases me. I don't have a problem with Toyota coming into the cup venue, I know a lot of people disagree.
I really like your animated tag, it's great. Sounds like we had similar moms, mine was also a huge race fan in fact so much so that she went into labor at the old Western Speedway in Gardena CA and then really gave birth to me as they were saying Gentlemen Start Your Engines for the Indy 500. I was doomed from before birth...:)
Old 06-21-2006 | 10:00 AM

Favorite Nascar Driver

Of Course Dale Jr...but also Jimmy Johnson he's an East County Native + plus I bought my HHR from his dealership in Kearny Mesa
Old 06-21-2006 | 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by cpendlay
Well, there's something seriously wrong at Yates and DJ doesnt' have the time to hang around while they take several years to work it out. I also really like Mikey and DW so having Mikey and DJ on the same team pleases me. I don't have a problem with Toyota coming into the cup venue, I know a lot of people disagree.
I really like your animated tag, it's great. Sounds like we had similar moms, mine was also a huge race fan in fact so much so that she went into labor at the old Western Speedway in Gardena CA and then really gave birth to me as they were saying Gentlemen Start Your Engines for the Indy 500. I was doomed from before birth...:)
I hear what you're saying about Yates. There's been problems there for several years now...look at all the crew chiefs they've been through. And look at Elliott Sadler...even he's struggling, so they can't blame it on DJ's age (which alot of people do)

I also like Mikey as well. Can you imagine the commercials we'll see? OMG...they are both a sponsors dream and I'm sure they will be at least as funny as the Mike/Dale Jr ones, which were a scream. My biggest concern is his car number. I don't want to see him drive the #00...just doesn't set right with me at all...but if that's what it is...I'll still buy his stuff.

Wow...talk about a race fan in your mom...mine wasn't quite that bad. And I'm sure you're right about having the love of racing from birth.

Quick Reply: Nascar