The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006 | 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Of Course Dale Jr...but also Jimmy Johnson he's an East County Native + plus I bought my HHR from his dealership in Kearny Mesa
Lots of Dale Jr fans. Did you see the license plate frames CJ has for sale on the classified boards? That's a killer deal he has on them.

Congrats on buying your HHR from a NASCAR driver Chevrolet dealer. Didn't know he had one until you mentioned it...checked out the site and it looks like a great place. My boyfriend Henry is a JJ fan now, but was a die hard Dale Earnhardt fan until his untimely death at the 2001 Daytona 500.

I would like to share something very dear to my heart with my fellow NASCAR fans. I am also going to post it separately in the lounge, as when I thought about it today, I feel compelled to share it with all my HHR buddies. It brings tears to my eyes, every time I visit. Lots of graphics & embedded music, so please be patient.

Old 06-21-2006 | 03:14 PM

SceneDaily News - 6/21/06

Haas indictment describes race team connection

Rusty Wallace hosting new reality TV show

More articles can be seen on their website...just click on links to the right of the articles.

NASCAR on TV This Weekend

Qualifying: Nextel Cup Series Dodge/Save Mart 350
Friday, June 23 7 p.m. Speed

Craftsman Truck Series Toyota Tundra Milwaukee 200
Friday, June 23 9 p.m. Speed

Qualifying: Busch Series AT&T 250
Saturday, June 24 6 p.m. Speed

Practice: Nextel Cup Series Dodge/Save Mart 350
Saturday, June 24 7:30 p.m. FX

Busch Series AT&T 250
Saturday, June 24 8:30 p.m. FX

Nextel Cup Series Dodge/Save Mart 350
Sunday, June 25 3 p.m. Fox

All time Eastern. Times and station subject to change.
Old 06-28-2006 | 11:41 PM

Daytona Under The Lights

Woooo Hoooo...doesn't get much better than Daytona under the lights.
Going to be a great weekend of racing.

NASCAR ON TV

Practice: Busch Series Winn-Dixie 250
Thursday, June 29 5 p.m.
Speed

Practice: Nextel Cup Series Pepsi 400
Thursday, June 29 6 p.m.
Speed

Qualifying: Nextel Cup Series Pepsi 400
Friday, June 30 4:30 p.m.
Speed

Busch Series Winn-Dixie 250
Friday, June 30 8 p.m.
FX

Nextel Cup Series Pepsi 400
Saturday, July 1 7:30 p.m.
Fox
Old 06-28-2006 | 11:46 PM

Hey Deb, That tribute was very well done. I was not a big Dale fan, but to me NASCAR just hasn't been the same since that iil fated day. Fantastic job.
Old 06-28-2006 | 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by JESSE
Hey Deb, That tribute was very well done. I was not a big Dale fan, but to me NASCAR just hasn't been the same since that iil fated day. Fantastic job.
Thank you Jesse. I've done several web pages in my time and that is definitely the one I am most proud of. I still tear up every time I go there...and you're right, NASCAR has not been the same since Dale has been gone...and I don't think it ever will be. To this day, I still find myself looking for that black #3 on the track. So hard to this day to believe that he's gone.
Old 06-29-2006 | 12:22 AM

Hey Deb, you ever watch Unique Whips on the speed channel. They put some chrome rims on Tony Stewart's Ferarri and had the inside painted orange to match the paint on his car. Looked great. Just a thought for your ride. That orange has grown on me.

Last edited by JESSE; 06-29-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-29-2006 | 07:15 PM

Hey Deb, I like your nascar fan userbar. Do you mind sharing it?

AND Daytona, night racce....My parents are there and two of their friends are using my tickets. I couldn't make it this year, already have reservations for this time next year. At least I can watch it in High-Def...
Old 06-29-2006 | 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JESSE
Hey Deb, you ever watch Unique Whips on the speed channel. They put some chrome rims on Tony Stewart's Ferarri and had the inside painted orange to match the paint on his car. Looked great. Just a thought for your ride. That orange has grown on me.
Yep...I saw that and wow...did they ever look great. Tony sure loved how it turned out as well. I don't watch that show all the time, but heard they were doing his car, so I tuned in. They were supposed to do that hearse he has too...but never saw that show. Any idea if or where that can be seen?

Not sure I want to paint my rims with orange...but boyfriend is trying to talk me into doing the calipers orange. Still contemplating that one. And I understand what you're saying about the orange...it's mighty flashy and cleans up real good. Just ask CJ...he said my HHR was the shiniest HHR he had ever seen. Thanks to my boyfriend who details cars for a living. He just loves making it look good.
Old 06-29-2006 | 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
Hey Deb, I like your nascar fan userbar. Do you mind sharing it?

AND Daytona, night racce....My parents are there and two of their friends are using my tickets. I couldn't make it this year, already have reservations for this time next year. At least I can watch it in High-Def...
Thanks TX-HHR...I'd be happy to share my userbar. I can probably even make that offer even better. I put it together myself using my Paint Shop Pro 7 program. Just let me know what you want on it and I'll whip you up one.

Daytona...under the lights...makes me Should be a great race and I'm sorry to hear you couldn't make it this year. I would be seriously bummed...but it sounds like the tickets are going to good use. My sister and her family went to the Pepsi 400 a couple years ago and had a blast. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing it one of these days and travel from Colorado to see it live myself.

Did you see today's practice session? Jeff Burton crashed and took out Casey Mears. Looks like backup cars are in order. Also, don't forget about the IROC race. Hopefully Kinser won't go for a ride again like he did in the last 2.
Old 06-29-2006 | 08:16 PM

Go with the orange caliber's, fantastic idea. I saw one today in orange not as sweet as your , but still an HHR. Tried to stop them to try to get em to join us here but they ran a light and almost got hit. Another time I guess. The hearse is supposed to be on the start of the new season which should be in september. They are going to have 5 different teams from around the country for this show. It should be awesome. I also love that nascar userbar. I have one set up in my computer but can't get it to work in my sig. Any sugestion's. Thanks

Quick Reply: Nascar