The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006 | 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by TX-HHR
Thanks Deb! Looks great.
Found a userbar font, so I made some adjustments. Feel free to snag this one if you like.

I also made a SoCalHHR's one too that I can add if you like. I'm sure Mike won't mind that I did this. Added it to my sig and adjusted letters too.

Old 06-30-2006 | 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Found this over at the SpeedTV NASCAR discussion boards.

"Get ready. They're about to introduce the Busch brothers."

48JIMMI48 PWNS! I have been collecting JIMMI stuff since he was a rookie! I can take the heat and the abuse, and I like Gordo as well!
Old 06-30-2006 | 08:30 AM

Found a userbar font, so I made some adjustments. Feel free to snag this one if you like.

I also made a SoCalHHR's one too that I can add if you like. I'm sure Mike won't mind that I did this. Added it to my sig and adjusted letters too.

Thanks again Deb! Looks great!
Old 06-30-2006 | 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by fenris222
48JIMMI48 PWNS! I have been collecting JIMMI stuff since he was a rookie! I can take the heat and the abuse, and I like Gordo as well!
No ribbing here fenris...my boyfriend Henry is a JJ fan too. He's watched him since his rookie year too...but didn't become a fan until after Dale was killed in 2001. He was lost without a driver and finally decided on JJ because he was 48 at the time and his last name is Johnson as well.

TX-HHR...no problem...I'm sure a few folks might enjoy the new userbar.
Old 06-30-2006 | 07:57 PM

Congratulations to Boris Said on his Bud Pole for tomorrow night's Pepsi 400 at Daytona.

Check out the pic below...that's me with Boris Said.

Picture was taken last year when I went to Lowes Motor Speedway for the Coca Cola 600.
That little car in the front is something they were giving away at the autograph session.
He autographed that and his driver info card as well.

Name:  7078e70c.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  45.9 KB
Old 06-30-2006 | 09:10 PM

#48 Jimmy Johnson is my favorite driver since #3 is gone. He is from El Cajon,CA and he has a Chevy dealership here in San Diego.
# 24 is one of the best drivers of the modern era he has 73 wins in his chevy, just a few away from #3's record and Jeff did it quicker.
Like it or not #24 is one of the great ones.
Old 06-30-2006 | 10:22 PM

The great one tonight...Dale Jr. i'm really kicking myself for not going to Daytona this year.
Old 07-01-2006 | 09:18 AM

That was a great race last night and Jr was DOMINANT!!! Too bad that Carl Edwards felt the need to bump draft Mikey though. Wrecked him but good...thank goodness Mikey is such a good guy and took it with a grain of salt. Wonder if the Jr thing is any indication of things to come tonight.

On a side note...read this at Jayski this morning.

Jarrett has broken hand: #88-Dale Jarrett traveled to Daytona a little worse for the wear after injuring his hand in the accident that took him out of the race at Infineon Raceway last weekend. Jarrett was diagnosed with a fractured left hand on Thursday evening at Daytona in addition to a stretched ligament. A good qualifying effort [7th] however, did a lot to help ease the ache. "Yeah, a good race car kind of makes you forget about your aches and pains," Jarrett laughed after his qualifying run.(UPS Racing site)(7-1-2006)

BTW...no comments about my picture with Boris Said. I'm heartbroken. Just kidding folks.
Old 07-01-2006 | 11:43 AM

I'm kicking myself because I forgot completely about last night's Bush race. It stays light so late here we were out fishing and didn't get home until it was over. I have already set the DVR to record today's truck race and tonight's race just in case we aren't in yet. Chances are we won't be. I love DVR it finally stops my conflict about fishing during the season.
Old 07-01-2006 | 01:56 PM

Congratulations to Boris Said on his Bud Pole for tomorrow night's Pepsi 400 at Daytona.

Check out the pic below...that's me with Boris Said.

Picture was taken last year when I went to Lowes Motor Speedway for the Coca Cola 600.
That little car in the front is something they were giving away at the autograph session.
He autographed that and his driver info card as well.

Nice hat Deb! Whos that other guy? ...kidding

Poor Boris, He's going to be out of his element at Daytona, I hope he can hang in there long enough to lead a few laps. I'm cheering for a double win for Jr. at the big track!!

Quick Reply: Nascar