The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Nascar fans...Tony stewart is in some trouble...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:01 PM

Nascar fans...Tony stewart is in some trouble...

Tony Stewart is in a bit of trouble after last nights incident in a dirt track race...

He apparently struck a competitor who had gotten out of his car to flip Tony the bird....The fellow driver has passed away.

Police investigating fatal on-track incident involving Tony Stewart - Racing - SI.com

Last edited by 843de; 08-10-2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Removed link with video of fatal accident.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:59 PM

Isn't there an official rule about getting out of the car on the track? Seems to me Somebody named Petty got fined for that a while back. Maybe there is a reason? Especially while wearing black at a night race on a dirt track.

Nobody has said anything about it being intentional. "ran over" kind of makes it sound that way.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:20 PM

What I've seen and read says that he was 'clipped' by the rear side of the car. That's a stretch from 'ran over'.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:10 PM

I would think you would have to sign some sort of waiver at the venue, saying you aren't allowed out of the car...and the venue is not liable for any sport related injury...I mean I have to do it for recreational floor hockey...That only stops the family from lawsuit against the owners of the venue though... There is too little information on this and only one video that only captures on lap, and nothing possibly leading up to this point...for all we know Tony Stewart may not have seen him, but who knows? Its too bad because he is a heck of a race car driver...

I have read some stuff today and nothing is totally clear yet...
Old 08-10-2014, 04:06 PM
Deceased

Due to the nature of last night's accident, and out of respect for the family of driver Kevin Ward Jr. The original news link in post #1 has been replaced with a link that does not contain footage of the fatal accident at the Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

As of this time the incident is being investigated as a tragic accident, and further discussion will not be entertained due the to ongoing nature of the investigation, and possible civil liabilities that may be incurred by this site or our corporate owners at Internet Brands.

Sadly this is, and will be, the most discussed motorsports news in years. But the first concern of the Administrative staff of ChevyHHR.net, must be protecting ourselves from litigation filed by any of the parties involved.

Thread closed for now.