The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Near Death Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:10 AM

I'm sick reading some of these... so many of you are 1. heroes or 2. lucky SOBs!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:18 AM

I was driving in Boston one morning with a P-3500 Chev. 14' walk-in van picking up some stuff for work. As I am going through this wide intersection with a flashing light I notice a Dodge van coming down the road kinda fast from the road entering the intersection on my left and said to my self, self, this guy is not going to stop. I went for the brakes but then decided very quickly that if I did that all I would do is slow down and this guy would be in my door so I floored it. He caught the last 3 feet of the truck, pushed me to the curb and the truck went over on it's side, the only thing that slowed it down was the light pole, it hit that square on the side so it rolled over slower than it would have without that being there.

These things suck, you sit up on a high seat with a 4'X4' glass in front of you and a little lap belt. When he hit me I was afraid of getting tossed around in the truck or worse, tossed out of it so I grabbed the steering wheel with all my might and when it was over I was standing on the right side window and had 1/4" cuts in the palm of my hands from my "death grip"

I was dazed but I walk away. The other guy knocked himself out and they took him away in the meat wagon.

Later he said I hit him and the insurance co was buying it. I was soooo mad and lucky! The local paper is just up the street so a reporter going to work stopped and snapped a few pics and it was in the paper the next day, my truck on it's side and HIS van up against the overturned rear quarter. I gave the investigation guys the page from the paper and the state DA charged him with false insurance clam, report, you name it, the reamed this guy. Seems he was putting in for "injuries" received from the crash and blaming me.

HA! I had the last laugh! But yeah, my life flashed before my eyes on that one.