The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

New to forum...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:48 PM

Yeah a $599 doc fee is outrageous! Just some add-on gravy for the dealer. I helped my mom shop for a car last year, and the salesperson didn't even bring it up until we had (I thought) completed the deal and were signing the papers. They only wanted $199, but I still was a little po'd it wasn't mentioned until after the handshake. I learned from that experience to make sure that the final agreed-on price includes everything!

Last edited by okcstealth; 08-10-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 AM

HHR dealership duals....

OK...so I spent 3 hrs at the dealership yesterday with my wife hacking away at the price of the HHR Cappuccino Frost Edition.This time around I must say that my experience was leagues ahead of the 1st dealer I had been to.
1st off,the current dealer offers me $1,500.00 for my Stang,sight unseen.After they look at it,they tag on another $300.00 to save face,reduce some other fees,increase the "dealer preferred customer" discount,and show me the numbers.The payments are still too high.I tell them that I want to keep my payments at around $350.00 on a 4 yr loan.The salesman asked me if there was a particular reason for this and I said "Yes,because that's what I want.". End of that.
So they work out some more numbers,give me more for my trade and stuff but when it was all said and done the payments were stil too much for us to handle comfortably.
So on to plan "B" (which is really plan "A" to begin with since I had no idea that the Cappuccino Frost existed until I went on the lot for the 1st time).My plan "B" (alias:"Plan A") was for the LT in Silverstone or Dark Silver with the black or black/grey interior,sunroof,auto.I can do without the running boards,XM,and OnStar.
So they have 2 LT automatics on the lot but they are both in black.I say OK..let us get to the credit union on Monday to see about a lower interest rate.Oh,and by now they are offering me $2,300.00 for the Stang and I ask him to throw in the Personal Audio Link for the i-Pod and he says no prob,I will see ya on Monday.

Now I have a day to really think about it.And I am glad I did.

2 reasons...

1. Black is cool (my Stang is black) but they ar so hard to keep clean,I live in the Orlando Florida area and there is tons of construction here,24-7.The heat? Black car = pizza oven. And the cool lines of the HHR's style seems to disappear into the deep,rich,black gloss.I am not %100 against it (maybe %10) but I would kick myself if I did not ask him to try and find a different color while we wait on the credit union.So I call him back after about 2 hrs. and now he is searching there online inventory to see if he can locate one in Silerstone or Dark Silver.Shoot,I even light the Midnight Blue.

2. I noticed later while sippin' coffee and tea at the Borders that the sales menu for the HHR LT that we liked the price on did not include a sunroof.
Dang. I live in "Sunny Florida". Gotta have a sunroof!I e-mail him with this lil' oversight (mine,not his) and ask him to include this in his search.I tell him to still search under the old terms,but to also give me a quote on the sunroof option.The sunroof is about a $700.00 option so a payment increase of about 6 bucks is what I am expecting.We'll see.
So that is where I stand.I will know Monday and so will you....
Old 08-12-2007, 12:25 PM

Get the color you want. I agree you would want a light color in Florida. I would go with White, Sandstone, or Light Silver but that's me. I had a silver car once and it didn't show dirt much. I would also strongly recommend the ebony interior if you're getting cloth seats. It looks upscale (for cloth...) and it doesn't show stains as much. But I'm baised... I have the ebony cloth in mine.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Yeah...the Silverstone is my 1st choice for just that reasonirt
I like the ebony or the ebony/grey.
Don't like the White exterior and Sunburst does nothoing for me.I did see an LS panel in Sunburst.I liked the solenoid activated back doors.Slick.
I will let ya know what happens.I still got other dealers calling/e-mailing me so I have options if this guy can't get me the coor I want.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned

why dont you sell your car thru craigslist or autotrader? i sold my truck for 1000 more than what they offered for trade. post pics of it and so we can see what you are working with
Old 08-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Great idea we did the same thing got $1800. more and the cash works out better then the numbers game they play on paper. We sold our car in two days on craigs list.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:34 AM

Almost there...

Been at the banks trying to get a decent interest rate.Should know by the end of the day...either way...I will have my HHR LT in
Silverstone with sunroof,running boards,and spoiler by Fri at latest!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 AM

Yea another one for FL.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:21 AM

Talking Got it!

Alrighty then! I got my HHR LT in Silverstone Metallic,running boards,sunroof,XM,auto. Very happ.
It was not without a bit of bulls#$t from the dealer I had been in negotiations with,mind you.
Here is what happened...
After shopping around for a lower interest rate with some banks and credit unions,we decided to put down some $$$ towrds the car.I called up the dealer and told him how much we wanted to put down and told him that if he gave us $2500.00 for the Mustang that we would come down right then and seal the deal.He emailed me the new figures and called me.While I was with him on the phone,I checked my e-mail.They only gave me $150.00 more on the trade ($2350.00). The payments were decent.Then my wife said..."What is that?" She pointed to the screen and in the price detail was an item that read:

CD player: + $208.00

I asked the guy what this was and he told me that it was the PAL (i-Pod link cable).I reminded him that he said he would throw that in along with instalation.He said that because he was now giving me more for the Stang that he could no longer throw in that cable.I said look,I am putting down $1000.00 on a slightly more expensive trim level (sunroof,etc),you are not giving me the $2500.00 that I asked for in trade,and now you want to take away something that we agreed on?On a cheaper trim with no down even!We will call ya back.

We did not.

We did call another dealer who had left a message on my phone.

Long story short (I know....too late),the new dealer beat their price by about $400.00 and they even gave me $2750.00 for my trade (and I did not even ask for more on my trade than the $2500.00).
Oh...and the other dealer? Well, they left 2 messages on my phone,from the manager,askeing if they could discuss the deal further.
I have not called them back.They could have agreed to what I wanted but now I was soured by the experience.
The kicker? I did not even end up getting the PAL from the new dealer!That was not really the point.The point was that the other guy started to back out of promises they had made.
I hate buying cars!

Anyway...I am very happy with my new HHR! I will be posting pics soon!
Thank you all so much for you advice and information.Especially you Loneranger...you gave me some key info and great encouraging words.
Thanx once again to all of you!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:23 AM
jx3

Name:  congratulations-1.gif
Views: 10
Size:  14.9 KB

Quick Reply: New to forum...