The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

New Member Panel Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007 | 01:14 AM

Talking New Member Panel Conversion

Hello Folks,
I thought I'd drop in and say Hi! I am a new member with a heavily modified Panel conversion (2006 1LT).

What do you think?

DJ
Old 05-14-2007 | 01:26 AM

Looks good. Did you do the work yourself or did Teazer do it. I notice their rear bumper and the hood/grill combo of theirs.
Old 05-14-2007 | 01:29 AM

Talking

I'm actually a dealer for pteazer products. I did the work, with the exception of them molding the cowl hood scoop to the hood.

I bought the car off ebay as a wreck, and did the wreck repair, and body work/converion myself.

Then a local painter did the final prep, artwork and paint work.

DJ

Last edited by Quasimotor; 05-14-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2007 | 01:33 AM

I'll be unveiling mine later this week. I got a few items from them too! I thought a long time about getting the hood/grill you used.

It really looks great on your panel. Nice job!
Old 05-14-2007 | 01:46 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I'll be unveiling mine later this week. I got a few items from them too! I thought a long time about getting the hood/grill you used.

It really looks great on your panel. Nice job!
I've got some work left on the grill. They need to be adjusted (gaps bad), and I am going to have the painter add airbrush details to them.

All in all th pteazer stuff was kind rough to deal with. For what the grill bars cost, even at master WD, I was a little dissapointed in the quality and amount of time necessary to straighten out the rib centers etc etc. Cool parts though no doubt, and I started this project long before chevy announced a panel from teh factory

Overall though I like the result, and will be changing th exhaust tips (my duals are a camaro muffler $70) and possibly a propane injection kit for the pipes.

DJ

Last edited by Quasimotor; 05-16-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-14-2007 | 01:50 AM

I gotta say I agree with the quality, not exactly bolt-ons!

How did you do the dual exhaust?

I was checking out your store site, don't own a bike but, WOW!
Old 05-14-2007 | 01:58 AM

Talking

I gotta say I agree with the quality, not exactly bolt-ons!

How did you do the dual exhaust?

I was checking out your store site, don't own a bike but, WOW!
Was easy, I took it to a local exhaust works (been doing business there for years), and Kenny put a stock camaro 1 into 2 muffler on it.

I didn't have enough backpressure, so I aded some Harley Davidson Road King mufflers (caliber returns) which gave the needed backpressure and chrome tips.

I am now switchin to these muffler tips: since I like the turndown look, and want to add flames out the exhaust to boot.

My Fog lights are $15 passing lamps with blue dot and tribar for a HD also.

DJ
Old 05-14-2007 | 02:04 AM

The exhaust can be a little tricky because of how the fuel lines are routed. Not much clearance under there either to work with. I had lowered mine but when I changed to side pipes they kept scraping and I had to un-lower. I'm still looking at a way of hanging the pipes to give me a little more room.

Looks like on on-going project. I'll be looking forward to the updates.

Keeping the interior stock or are ya gonna get to that too?

BTW..............
Old 05-14-2007 | 02:12 AM

Talking

The exhaust can be a little tricky because of how the fuel lines are routed. Not much clearance under there either to work with. I had lowered mine but when I changed to side pipes they kept scraping and I had to un-lower. I'm still looking at a way of hanging the pipes to give me a little more room.

Looks like on on-going project. I'll be looking forward to the updates.

Keeping the interior stock or are ya gonna get to that too?

BTW..............
I wanted Sidepipes, but heard the horror stories involed in them.

The camaro muffler is cheap and clears well.

As for interior, I am adding a 7" flip up LCD screen in the center dash compartment for my IPOD and dvd player, other than that its stock. I did add the leather wrapped wheel and shifter, since my car was a wreck, and that was the only option it didn't have that I wanted. The car had the XM optioned as well as the big pioneer stereo.

I've got a keyless shaved door kit for the rear doors (not installed yet). And I am leaning towards air suspension.
DJ

Last edited by Quasimotor; 05-16-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-14-2007 | 02:21 AM

Talking

Oh,BTW here's a link to my motorcycle blog with all the progress pictures of the paint work etc.

http://www.cyclespot.com/forums/show...6808#post76808

DJ

Last edited by Quasimotor; 05-14-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member Panel Conversion