The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Next Election

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:36 AM

Next Election

With the 2008 Presidential Elections fast approaching it looks like the Democratic options will most likely include Senator Hillary Clinton and Senator Barack Obama. How do you think this will play out. Will America vote into presidency its first black or female president?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Banned

I…..must…….refrain……from political threads. To save myself from any more trouble I’ll make it short and stay on the question. No, the general population of America will not vote for a black or female president. I could elaborate on several reasons why I think that but I don’t want to start a political or religious war. Do you think American people are actually open minded enough and not set in their ways enough to vote for a black or female president in a country that doesn't even allow homosexuals to get married?

Last edited by captain howdy; 12-18-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

O'k...this IS a POLITICAL question....IMO Should be stopped/locked.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 AM

Snoopy, I really do not see anything wrong with this thread. Simply stated are we as a nation willing to elect a female or black president whether they be republican, democrat, or other. We are all grown people that live in a world where this will most likely be an upcoming choice. Captain did a remarkable job answering the question while refraining from any attacks.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

And, I agree with all your statements.

But, upon signing on to this forum we agreed to the R & R's. One was not to post items that will incite arguments, etc. Based on history here, this is one topic that will incite. Even CH's last statement could aggrevate the situation.

I have no agenda here other than to prevent problems. And, I would like to discuss your issue...but IMO it's inappropriate because of the historical problems with the topic.

Hmmm, just reread the R & R's .......political posts not specifically stated in the new R & R's. But may be int the area of ....."and so on". Clarification needed.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:15 PM

Snoopy, I happened to read the R&R before posting . I know most likely this thread will be locked but in truth everything involves politics to some degree. There are work politics, family politics, etc. We need to be mature enough as a group to be able to discuss things in a friendly manner. This could be one of the hugest things that could happen in our life time and I think we should be able to discuss it. Hoping not to be
Old 12-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member

You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Everything is NOT political until you make it so (which I think is a "cop-out" statement, anyhow). You just did with your post.

But, why would you post on a subject, that by your own admission, will be locked. That's just asking for trouble.

If the topic is "huge" to you, I suggest trying a forum dedicated to political issues.

It's still up to the Moderators/Administration....go for it
Old 12-18-2006, 12:38 PM

Snoopy, I don't think this thread should be locked however I feel most likely it will. And are you trying to say that a female or black president would not be a huge event in this country's history. If all we are allowed to talk about is Chevy so be it but I haven't seen the christmas tree or christmas card threads locked both of which in some context have religious conotations in them. Remember that respectful disussion is good.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:03 PM

im just gonna add, THANK GOD BUSH IS ON HIS WAY OUT!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

You're bright....but that bright. I'm NOT being "tricked" into making a comment on your posted question.

Again...the rules are the rules. If I'm wrong, I'll abide by the decision. If you're wrong will you??? And again, IMO, you already displayed your ethics by intentionally posted something that is prohibited.

I believe, the Lounge and the Dungeon are areas for expression of non-HHR interest. You're free to post whatever...as long as it's not.....!!!

And, I'm not defending the xmas tree/card posts....that's for others. But, a Hanukkah and a Kwanza greeting was also given...so , it is multi-cultured

Maybe, just maybe....by naming the possible candidates in your post you made it a political discussion. How about something like...."Is the American public capable of electing a Afro-American or female President?" It "softens" the impact, and allows members to think about other/different candidates in those capacities.

Admittedly, I am enjoying this dialog with you. But, watch out for others (not that we are any better...we're just not into the political discussion specifically).

Quick Reply: Next Election