The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Next Election

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Bush and Cheney aren't all that clean either. Who is making profits off driving our current war? We spend the lives of American soldiers just to make those two clowns even more money.
Just like Johnson during VietNam..... someone always profits.....
Old 12-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
Just like Johnson during VietNam..... someone always profits.....
I know and it sucks. It especially sucks when our prez. and vice prez. are in on the profit making. But like I've always been told wars are good for our economy so someone has to make money off of death.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
I give up! I'm too busy trying to figure out what some people are saying and/or writing that by the time I get to the end of the paragraph (on a third read, that is), I've forgotten what the thread is about! And they're mad at MY people for not being able to speak English!!!
(I think (and hope) I just contributed to the locking of this thread!!!)

I dont think the President killed anyone one in Iraq......
and he didnt lie either...

back to the origiinal topic, no one has the "balls" to say why america wont vote a black or woman to be prez, cuz of prejudice that still run rampant in the good ole USA

and the other post about all the guys killed in iraq, 3000 yea ok its war, too bad they died, but it is a war, and they are in the service, too bad they died cuz of a lie..but hey why not (continue to)mourn the loss of 58,000 in vietnam? i guess no one has really given a **** about them, it only took them about 20 years after they came home, and not a very welcome homecoing to get a monument...those kids in Nam are the real heros, the ones who got drafted, served, died or were wounded..sorry if that last part offends anyone, but that whole "hero" word gets thrown around too often
Old 12-18-2006, 04:06 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by EL_REY
but hey why not (continue to)mourn the loss of 58,000 in vietnam? i guess no one has really given a **** about them
Some here might not have been around for that, just ask O6.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jx3
Some here might not have been around for that, just ask O6.

i wasnt either, i was born in 75, but my dad was on the front lines in Nam in 67-68

both unpopular wars, ah hell forget it.... i can go on about that forever...
Old 12-18-2006, 04:54 PM

Back to the original question, yes, I'd vote for a black or a women. But, I'm not sure those two are the best choices. I would have voted for Ann Richards of Texas. She would have got things done.

I agree with presidents profiting from their actions. Maybe it's time we elect the common man like the original writers of the constitution wanted us to!

My perception is that the rich get elected and we're creating a lot of rich illiterate athletes and actors. Will they be running our country in a few years! God Help Us!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:11 PM

Christians and Democrats drink Pepsi.

Heathens and Republicans drink Coke.

Me, I'm gonna vote for Captain Howdy on a write-in!!

But, living in NY, he may just be Hillary's "puppy dog".
Old 12-18-2006, 05:20 PM

And to answer the question, being originally from the South... the heart of Mississippi, where alot of prejudices are still alive and well, I was surprised to find that a lot of the white republicans would have voted for Colin Powell if he had run on the Republican Ticket... so yes, I think there could be a Black President soon...... as far as women.... Anyone but Hillary.... one Clinton was enough!!
Yes prejudices are still alive not only in the South but all Over the country. As far as Colin Powell , Oh hell yeh, a man with a brain, I would have voted for him as well and I am a Republican White Male from the South. I think He understood the so-to-speak politics of this matter and I still wish he would run. As far as Black, Female, Hispanic or other Presidents, Who cares as long as they get the job done. I am for one tired of the good-ole-boys brigade promising everything and delivering nothing. I think maybe we should require Presidential Canidates to have NO affiliation with Politics. Maybe that way we can elect someone who not only knows what is needed but will represent the people who elected them..
Just my 2cents and BTW CH you are doing an OUTSTANDING Job of keeping your cool , you have some major points, looking forward the seeing your opinions in the future...
Old 12-18-2006, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by JoeR
Christians and Democrats drink Pepsi.

Heathens and Republicans drink Coke.

Me, I'm gonna vote for Captain Howdy on a write-in!!

Dang, as a Christan and a Repulican I guess I would have to drink Coke and Pepsi, making me a PepCo
Old 12-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeR
Never! I still can't figure out how she got voted into office here. I know we're a blue state and all but come on! She's not even a true New Yorker!

Quick Reply: Next Election