The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

NHL strike

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

Angry NHL strike

so im not sure if anyone has been following this, but this is a big deal up here in Canada..but the latest proposal from the NHL was turned down today by the NHLPA. The new deal was to split profits 50/50 and the players still want more money! Greedy much?
I have lost all repsect for the players and the NHLPA. I seriously hope this season is lost so that the players dont get paid for this season. such a piss off
Old 10-18-2012, 04:52 PM

I have been waiting and waiting for the season to start....not sure who you follow in Ontario, but the sabres are big around here...Its too bad that they cant figure it out. The players paid millions by billionaires....not sure where the money issue is....But I can guarantee anybody on this forum would be more than happy to earn NHL minimum salary($525,000)...Its a joke if you ask me...

I haven't earned $525,000 in the 6 years I have had a full time job...

The only thing that I would vote for is revenue sharing...too many teams that are operating in the red
Old 10-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Premium Member

the new contract the nhl proposed (which was turned down by the nhlpa) is broken down on the nhl website. That deal makes sense to me, and watching the live news feed earlier and all the players like Toews, Crosby etc were talking and saying how disappointed they are with the league..and im thinking to myself shutup Crosby, making 110million or something like that for the next what 10 years? with all the sponsorships and commercials and other crap that they sign for, they make more than enough, plus the 50/50 split with the nhl ..common now, its just greed. Doctors dont even get paid that much, its a joke!
here is the proposal broken down if anyone is interested..kinda long:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643572

i dont even cheer for a canadian team lol..well they used to be canadian (Nordiques) but my team is Colorado :)
Old 10-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member

Hockey! You can't be serious.

IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON! ROLL TIDE!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Hockey! You can't be serious.

IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON! ROLL TIDE!
Lol soo true.

Its times like this where I wish I WAS a football fan....

Hockey and the NHL can go screw itself for all I care.

I will start watching again when and if the league learns how to properly officiate itself and not call the games different after the all star break.

When the # 6 team from the east faces the # 8 team from the west (two of the lowest scoring teams ever) for the cup.....there is a huge problem. It was a joke of a playoffs.....
Old 10-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Premium Member

its 8th place vs 1st place, 2nd vs 7th etc.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

last year playoffs were amazing, kings deserved it!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by A Crazy Canuck
Lol soo true.

Its times like this where I wish I WAS a football fan....

Hockey and the NHL can go screw itself for all I care.

I will start watching again when and if the league learns how to properly officiate itself and not call the games different after the all star break.

When the # 6 team from the east faces the # 8 team from the west (two of the lowest scoring teams ever) for the cup.....there is a huge problem. It was a joke of a playoffs.....
The 6th place Devils had 102 points...which is pretty good. LA was 8th and barely got in. Some teams are built for the playoffs more than others. why do you think certain teams finish 1st or 2nd every year but never seem to win it all?

As for the low seeds playing good, It really doesn't matter how you get in, as long as you get in....Your record means nothing once you're in(besides home ice)

If you are gonna complain about the parody...the NFL is no better. The Giants have won two superbowls in the last few years and barely squeaked into the playoffs
Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Premium Member

i like how the nhl's playoff system works, wipes the slate clean and allows anything to happen
Old 10-19-2012, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by skyline26
last year playoffs were amazing, kings deserved it!
I saw them play the Red Wings here in March last year, and was shocked at how tough they played them. So the end result was not as surprising, but they still turned it up even more in the postseason.

Here in the States, NBC Sports Network (formerly Versus) has been showing Olympic highlights, which has been pretty cool, but I understand CBC is going nuts looking for some kind of Sports content to fill the gap. I share a cube with a guy from Windsor...

Quick Reply: NHL strike