The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Not HHR, but AC condenser at risk SITTING in my dtriveway! Careless idiots!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Not HHR, but AC condenser at risk SITTING in my dtriveway! Careless idiots!

SO our landscaper/lawn care folks come by and mow the lawn in the rain the other day. They could have waited , but no doubt had a schedule and did not care to cut it when it cut right.

So one SOB in a riding mower aimed the full force of the discharge directly into the AC condenser and front of our Ody

It would also have been into IRON MAN, our HHR too, had my wife not been out. We DO have a lower grille on the HHR. Everyone should get protection there. I mean look what happens at home when you are NOT moving!!!

I did not know this for several hours until I went out to use the car and started cleaning off some debris. When I got to the front of the car, I had to scrape the wet/now dried and plastered on leaf/stick/grass paste off the paint and bumper. THEN I spied the condenser and went APESh*t!

I stopped cleaning and got tut the 5D with the 20 mm on it and started shooting. Just in case the condenser is damaged or the paint comes off, I wanted some backup!

I know We are only renting and are therefore looked at as lower class people, but c/mon, our cars deserve some respect, not baloney like this. I'll be taking this up with my landlord.

Last year the same grounds crew shot something out of the mower that opened up a sharp gash in my daughter's slide. Good thing I found out about it before she got stitches!

Bottom line is , don't ever relax or trust anyone , ever.

People are careless fools. If you think I'm being paranoid, you are right.

I'm just steaming right now, and to top it off I HAVE a MR Grille, but still need to put it on...............

Etc. You get the idea.. Took a half hour to clean things in a nondestructive manner. No leaks yet.......

Thanks for letting me vent.
Watch out for careless people , even in your own drive way!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:32 PM
jx3

Makes me real glad that when the landscapers for the association cut the grass, all they need to cut the grass in my front yard is a weed whacker.

However, I do try a be somewhere else when the come around w/ the leaf blower.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:21 AM

I hope you said something to your landscaper/lawn crew about it!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 08:18 AM

I had the same problem with Wheelie, sort of...

I go to Jesse Duplantis's church in Destrahan Louisiana..(DID YOU KNOW HE HAS A HHR TOO??? ...HE DOES!!, I saw it up close, He has a white one with every option you can think of, It is very cool!, I even parked next to him, WHAT AN HONOR!! )..ANYWAY....I always park in the handicapped spot on the church lot, now, when I park, there is a seperation of about 5 feet from the next row of parking spaces, and that gap between the spaces is covered in grass.

Well, Brother Jesse's workers ALWAYS trim the grass every week, and it never fails, When I come out of bible study and head to Wheelie, He is all covered in cut grass.. ...I politely went to the person who does the cutting and explained to him that my beloved Wheelie doesn't like to be covered in grass after he cuts it..(LOL)...The guy understood and NOW, he cuts the grass after Wheelie and I have left the church..HEEHEE!!! Problem solved!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM

Had I known the grass crew was this careless while they were here, I would have called them on it. I will speak to them when they are here again.

Sounds like the church grounds guy was accommodating. I don't think these folks are as nice, but I'll find out.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 PM

In my younger days I probably would have confronted Lawnmowerman and said confrontation would probably have led to a fight. Which would only have made things worse. So don't do that.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 PM

Well, you have the pics, call the lawn boss and show him. I wouldn't stand for that type of carelessness. They don't call us the Fightin' Irish for nothing!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:07 PM

Ah, but I'm 3/4 English. But wait, we are pig headed fighters too! The pub circut in London can be pretty rough at times!

Yes, Lone Ranger, I learned long ago not to get aggressive and do the hitting. Litigation soon follows...............
Old 08-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Founding Member

Let us know how this mess turns out. No pun intended.

On a side note, I couldn't resist:

Old 08-15-2007, 05:10 PM

Harpo, I don't have that problem. I AM the lawn maintenance crew!