The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Now this would suck...new mustang gt500

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by HHR Forever
Seriously. I mean the punks with the Mustangs going around all "Im better and cooler than you" then challenge a 1995 Chevrolet Caprice "Classic" (I say "classic" because it is a real Police Package Caprice juat with the Classic emblems and look to fool dumb people) to a drag and then get all upset when they loose by more than a minute and drive home crying, not even stopping after the race to admit defeat. Go take the mustangs and push them off a cliff.

If only I still had that Caprice. Memories . . .

Damn trees.
AMEN brother ... mustang/FORD (even tho i love my ford truck but thats a truck, death to thier CARS) has ALWAYS tried to compete against Chevy...i mean they could barely beat a STOCK Z28 with thier GTs all modded up, and this has been noted in MANY a car magazine over the years, now they try and compete against the corvette?!?!?! WTF?? even the GT500 barely even comes close to beating a STOCK C6, and i know the Z06 would wip eits a** with any sorry mustang...oh well end of rant sort of

and black beauty , im sure it was only a bit of an exxageration, meaning that those mustangs that THINK they are fast, got thier asses handed to them ina huge way
Old 11-05-2006, 12:02 PM

I don`t know , sounded pretty sure about everything else in that post... I used to have a 86 Mustang GT, and my experience/memory is slightly different. I`m going by what he described, you know, crying Ford owners, going home in disgust.. that stuff. Seemed pretty sure to me.. So how far was the race ???

PS, Whats even more troubling is the idea of hanging your own or anyone elses kid , over a car incident. A gallows, Man...is this Sunday...

Last edited by Black Beauty; 11-05-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

Seriously. I mean the punks with the Mustangs going around all "Im better and cooler than you" then challenge a 1995 Chevrolet Caprice "Classic" (I say "classic" because it is a real Police Package Caprice juat with the Classic emblems and look to fool dumb people) to a drag and then get all upset when they loose by more than a minute and drive home crying, not even stopping after the race to admit defeat. Go take the mustangs and push them off a cliff.

If only I still had that Caprice. Memories . . .

Damn trees.
Hmmmm,

What did the "police package" have that made it so special?? I remember.... HD cooling, HD suspension, oversized tires, slightly larger brakes, calibrated and certified speedometer, dual exhausts from one converter, rear gearing was selective by the dept. ordering...but generally slightly higher numerically (unless it was a highway car), rubber mats instead of carpeting, and choice of seating...with a heavier vinyl material. The engine, if I remember correctly, was the same as the trailer towing package...350, 4 barrel.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:41 PM

Cool

Old 11-09-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
What distance race would you be in to leave a person you`re racing, by a minute ???
Glad to see you corrected your sig...

3 miles. Railroad crossing to railroad crossing.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Hmmmm,

What did the "police package" have that made it so special?? I remember.... HD cooling, HD suspension, oversized tires, slightly larger brakes, calibrated and certified speedometer, dual exhausts from one converter, rear gearing was selective by the dept. ordering...but generally slightly higher numerically (unless it was a highway car), rubber mats instead of carpeting, and choice of seating...with a heavier vinyl material. The engine, if I remember correctly, was the same as the trailer towing package...350, 4 barrel.
I don't know what made it different, but it hauled all at all times.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:25 PM

Jokes on me ???

3 miles. Railroad crossing to railroad crossing.
I`m dumbfounded, Even in a (3) mi. race that doesn`t seem logical. Not in a race. Even at (60) mph, you travel (1) mile a minute. Maybe a couple seconds would be more like it... But that`s ok. Letting this one die...B/B
Old 11-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member

Old 11-10-2006, 03:13 PM

The 1995/96 Caprice 91C's (cop cars) had the LT1 Corvette engine in them, they hauled booty
Old 11-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BullyWagon
The 1995/96 Caprice 91C's (cop cars) had the LT1 Corvette engine in them, they hauled booty
Yeah....you are correct BUT,

Even though it was designated as an LT1, it was seriously detuned to 260 HP. Now that kind of HP in a 4000 +# car does not strike me as hauling booty. I mean HP to weight ratio of 1 to 15+ almost puts it in a bolt-on modified HHR class with 1 to 17.

Not if you are talking of the specially modified package started in 1996 when they added another 40-50 "ponies", that is a totally different story. But, these vehicles are few and far between (a lot of the blocks were picked up for rebuilding).

And as I remember, the ultimate performance was dependent on the rear end ratio.....City departments generally ordered the 3.73 (but a lot of 3.43's were had)....highway departsment, in the know, ordered the 3.43.

I laugh alot, when people talk of the "police package". Frankly. it's generally just a little more than a towing package. The major differences ....interior, tires, etc. And, anyone can order it, if you know the RPO (I had 2).

Quick Reply: Now this would suck...new mustang gt500