The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Ohhhh Baby

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:16 AM

Congrats DD!!!

I'll be a Daddy any day now.

You'd think 9 months would be plenty of time to get ready, be prepared, have time to take it all in and not be so stressed, etc... I'm more scared now than I was 7 months ago.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:20 AM

Congrats to you and your family. I know the feelings your going through right now. I remember my first. Now i have 2. A son and a daughter. And now a grandson. Take care and enjoy.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:52 AM
Deceased

i always tell people that i know about to have their first kid. they ground you to where you hardly ever get out unless you have relatives close by. you spend more money than you could ever imagine on them and that never ends. they will frustrate you till you think you will just scream and you will experience every emotion possible with them and some you never thought of as they get older and strive to be theirselves.

You will never experience anything more rewarding, you will remember everything you ever did with them and you will be blessed beyond means by the gift of being a parent

people tell you that you can take too many pictures or movies or sound clips. i can tell you right now that you literally can not take enough. i wish i had more movies and sounds clips of my kids and especially of my son.

My son did a 1.5 hour instructional video on Halo 2 for his tech class for a semester finals grade. he demonstrated how to get the ultimate weapon, showed all kinds of glitches including a tank spinning like a top, landing in a cloud and able to shoot down, an invisible walk around a building and finding all the different skulls to give you more powers. he added classic rock and he narrated the whole 1.5 hour video. i watch this vcr tape quite often. he was amazing on games, designed levels for Delta Force that he and his friends could play live on. he had buildings and objects in the sky so he could land on it when he would spawn back in and shoot from there. he also qualified his squad members and they had to be able to hit certain areas of the body at distances w so many shots. i use to watch in amazement. he beat a designer on Homeworld one time and the guy mailed him a coupon for a free game

i also watch the videos i took of him learning how to ride motorcycle. i taught my kids how to drive and taught him to ride motorcycle

NO you can never have enough pics or vids or memories of your kids because you will never know if that is all you have
Old 07-28-2006, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by EZ4U2CHere
Congrats DD!!!

I'll be a Daddy any day now.

You'd think 9 months would be plenty of time to get ready, be prepared, have time to take it all in and not be so stressed, etc... I'm more scared now than I was 7 months ago.
It's all going to be cool bro! I was just there myself a while back (23-months to be exact!). If I can give you ONE piece of advice during the whole hospital/delivery stages, it would be this:

BE "THERE" FOR YOUR WIFE...

Let her know the world revolves around her during this time. Make sure she is comfortable (as possible), don't let her take any cr@p from nurses or anyone. And most of all, try to meet her needs (physical, emotional, spiritual), as best as humanly possible. In the grand scheme of time, what happens to her during this 24-48 hour period is amazing and she will want to know that her man is right there with her on it.

Done right, it'll make your future lives together a lot better.

Just my $0.02

Oh, and best of luck!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:39 PM

Congrats!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Founding Member

Congrats!

Behold the most beautiful sight in the world, your woman that has just given birth to your newborn! (although she wont think so at that moment, she's beautiful!)
Old 07-28-2006, 02:26 PM

oh and one more thing...dont forget to schedule lamas and cpr classes. Its handy to have taken these classes to at least get informed and know what to expect. I wont mention the other wonderful experiences you will have (I dont want to take away such wonderful joy) during the development process. Bring a camcorder and a camera!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:29 PM

Congratulations DD, Like CJ said children are a gift from God and fatherhood should never be taken for granted. Along with it comes great resposibility. After Three children, now grown and 8 grandchildren. I have made many mistakes and tried to correct them through the years of fatherhood and the pay off is greater than anything you can imagine. I will pray for this child to be healthy and your family to be strong and bonded together for life.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:51 PM

Well alittle up date for you all. We JUST got back from the Dr she is 5 WEEKS and a few days along OMG lol. Thank you all for your well wishes and i will keep all of you posted. My mother is soooo happy right now she started crying. I am her only child so this is a big one for her. I am her 31 year old baby. I will say one thing my father who passed away 3 years ago was not my bioligical father and him and my mother devorced when i was 16 but him and i were very close. He came into my life when i was 5 he is my DAD. Now that being said i hope i am half the dad he didnt have to be. Thank you all.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:01 PM

Fantastic news! Congratulations, POPS! Better start child proofing your home now.

Quick Reply: Ohhhh Baby