The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:12 PM

opinions...

well i guess the day would come but i figured it woul dbe for the new camaro..
but i fell "in love" with a pontiac g8

this thing is awesome man... pretty much full yloaded and in excellent condition.. GM pricing is for 27K

anyone have any opnions on this car?
Old 09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member

I've driven a couple different models @ about 250 miles each. Nice car and agree they are awesome.

Your use is a determining factor. The GT model is really hard to get the 15-16 MPG city. You would need to drive very gently. I got 16.5 and I'm a conservative driver.

The V-6 engine, I would think, would be enough for most people at about 260 HP. But again city driving is questionable for mileage. I got about 18 if my memory serves me. If mioleage and fuel costs are NOT a consideration....go for it.

Both ride nice and handle well.....with the GT better, of course. Either would be a nice car to make runs from Del Rio to San Ant., Houston or Dallas. ......nice highway ride and performance (either will also get you away from the stop light rather quickly).

Fit and finish is better than most GM vehicles, especially our HHR's.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:44 PM

I think they look awesome! Almost reminds me of a Beemer

I really like the looks of them

Goose
Old 09-20-2008, 10:08 PM

yea the one i have right now is a loaner for the weekend
the dude let me use it for testing purposes

its the v6 model with pretty much every single ption the v8 has minus the engine of course heh
the car is just soo cool.. i kinda wanted a red one but i dont know if i tell the guy to send off for one that it might have the excact same stuff as this one..

i will miss my lil hhr tho... but i got the same feeling when i saw this car as i did the hhr..

the gas and etc... im not too worried about prices... most driving is around town and its a small city.. other then that drives to SATX and vicinity...
Old 09-20-2008, 10:27 PM

i am in the same boat man, i want a new Camaro but the G8 is very sexy, but i want a manual transmission.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:11 PM

Cars , cars cars...there is always something better and nicer than the current ride no matter what you are driving!

Only natural

Goose
Old 09-21-2008, 07:53 PM

I agree that the G8 is very cool, but I would proceed with caution on any car buying decision where you're stepping down in fuel economy. You could get an HHR SS and have the same fuel economy plus power, "on rails" handling, and good looks.

I was on another car forum the other day and some of the members from Atlanta Georgia and Nashville Tennessee reported gas shortages in those metro areas recently as last week, as in about 1/3 of the stations ran out of fuel and there were long lines at those that had fuel.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
I agree that the G8 is very cool, but I would proceed with caution on any car buying decision where you're stepping down in fuel economy. You could get an HHR SS and have the same fuel economy plus power, "on rails" handling, and good looks.

I was on another car forum the other day and some of the members from Atlanta Georgia and Nashville Tennessee reported gas shortages in those metro areas recently as last week, as in about 1/3 of the stations ran out of fuel and there were long lines at those that had fuel.
well thats not really a big deal to me about lower fuel economy.. but of course going from a 4 to a 6 well its expected, and the G8 is like 4000 lbs.. but having this car over the weekend i stepped on it a bit and it gots some power for a 6
man with a little bit of cosmetic mods, that car would be even hotter than it already is... im going tomorrow to the dealer and see what kind of figures i can get and if anything im going to ask about the v8
Old 09-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Follow your dream man...you only go around in this carnival one time

Goose
Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 PM

I saw the "50 cent" edition with a big block on the GM Ecotech tour. Looked even nicer with the big block, but I know I can't afford the gas, and I must be more practical. When I havemoney to burn, I'll get one of each.

Quick Reply: opinions...