The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 10:07 PM

Be forewarned, trade-value on the HHR's right now isn't super great, the GM Employee discount I think maybe has driven down the wholesale prices on HHR's along with some '07's coming off-lease from the rental co's and moving through the auctions. Otherwise, as Goose said go for it if the numbers work out. Life is short. Too short.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Be forewarned, trade-value on the HHR's right now isn't super great, the GM Employee discount I think maybe has driven down the wholesale prices on HHR's along with some '07's coming off-lease from the rental co's and moving through the auctions. Otherwise, as Goose said go for it if the numbers work out. Life is short. Too short.
yes thats exactly what i found out just about an hr ago...
ah hell...with trade in i am in the RED about 4800 so no good...and payments is about 560
if i found someone to take over payments id be paying what im paying right now on the HHR @ 450

then i ned to factor in the insurance... damn ididnt think i would have been that much in the RED after 2.5 yrs!
oh well
Old 09-22-2008, 08:04 PM

I feel your pain El Rey, I too know about trade values from looking into trading mine. The Mannheim auction numbers on HHR right now are @ss. This doesn't mean HHR's are bad cars-- we know they're great. Its just how the market is on them right now. Its kind of weird though in a way-- the supply of new HHR's seems to be fairly low compared to other models. So one would think that would help pre-owned values. I was getting figures ranging from $9000 - $10,900 for my 07 1LT on trade and this was at Chevy dealers against a new SS.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM

One of the bad deals of owning a domestic car...their trade in and resale value absolutely sucks compared to a Toyota or Honda...

A) The used car market is usually flooded with a bizillion GM cars coming off lease and rentals

B) Chances are you paid a fraction of the MSRP for your domestic car compared to the money spent on an import

Case in point..my HHR stickered for almost 23K...I paid about 16K...quite the markdown

After 40K miles though it does sound like a 8-9K car though (rattle trap special..yeeesh) But it still starts everyday with no major issues............yet lol

Goose
Old 10-13-2008, 02:02 PM

well i did it about a week ago....

traded the H for the G8 !!
got the white hot color fully loaded v6 tho (oh well)

trade in for the H was only 10K , and i was "upside down" about 4K..

god damn now i see that the new camaro is on presale!! ARGH!

oh well i am very very VEY happy with my new G8
Old 10-13-2008, 02:16 PM

I would take a new Z28 over pretty much anything.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by EL_REY
well i did it about a week ago....

traded the H for the G8 !!
got the white hot color fully loaded v6 tho (oh well)

trade in for the H was only 10K , and i was "upside down" about 4K..

god damn now i see that the new camaro is on presale!! ARGH!

oh well i am very very VEY happy with my new G8

Hey man..that is awesome....ya pretty much gonna get hammered on any Chevy trade in...I'm actually surprised you did that well.

the g8 is an awesome ride!

Good Luck with it

Goose
Old 10-13-2008, 05:31 PM

Congrats El Rey.

Hope you enjoy the G8. I was able to finally get a trade allowance of $11,200 on my HHR against $100 under invoice on the car I traded it on, and I jumped on it.

HHR's are good cars and have many advantages, but trade/resale is not one of them. And I mean it when I say they're good cars. I was just ready to move on.

I think I read in a road test on the G8 that the V6 G8 still hauls butt, so I wouldn't fret about not having the V8-- I think you actually made the better choice... I know you said before fuel prices aren't a concern, but that V6 will give you the best of both: reduced fuel consumption and way above average power.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Congrats El Rey.

Hope you enjoy the G8. I was able to finally get a trade allowance of $11,200 on my HHR against $100 under invoice on the car I traded it on, and I jumped on it.

HHR's are good cars and have many advantages, but trade/resale is not one of them. And I mean it when I say they're good cars. I was just ready to move on.

I think I read in a road test on the G8 that the V6 G8 still hauls butt, so I wouldn't fret about not having the V8-- I think you actually made the better choice... I know you said before fuel prices aren't a concern, but that V6 will give you the best of both: reduced fuel consumption and way above average power.

actually there are several things the HHR was better.. and one of them is the sound system...i have the sound package on the G8, 11 speaker blaupunkt setup..and yet the HHR was ALOT louder and more bass and even had XM.. while the G8 lacks that which pisses my off a bit. the huge display in the G8 is pretty cool but its doesnt have much function.. like it cant play dvds or do any video or have gps in it, and going to be difficult replacing the HU since all the controls from climate to onstar is on there..

i woul dhave wanted the V8 model but in the whole fuel thing there was no real difference... the V8 would have been great tho, lots of HP for a full sized 2 ton hog! this thing clocks in at about 4000 lbs!
but this thing is fun to drive too(v6) and it seems to get ALOT of attention